Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Coaaab posted:

Today's ED was so good, but god drat CR for not subbing it

This is usually because they have the right to reproduce/play the song, but not to create derivative works like a translation of the song, the song being a separate work from the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is the mangaka a big fan of YUKI? She did the OP for Honey and Clover as well.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

dogsicle posted:

i feel like shaft is mostly riding the source material's quality rather than bringing much themselves. but i generally dislike their one-size-fits-all approach where shaftisms are applied just because.

:frogout:

The head tilt aside, Shinbou's style is applied differently as each series calls for, and is very well suited to conveying inner monologues and small-group conversations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Moltrey posted:

but personally my favorite thing about this show is that it has a such a perfect sense of place. Rei's apartment, the bridge, the town, the walk to the station, the shogi hall, all of it is amazing at putting you there and I'm honestly just really enchanted by the whole thing. I love poo poo like the soft pattering of the boats on the river, or the reflections of the water on Rei off the glass as he looks out from his apartment or just the clicking of shogi tiles. I'm gushing but even though I had a strong feeling I'd like this show, it still got me real good.

Sense of place is something that anime seems to be much better at/more focused on than most other a/v media, which is a large part of why I maintain such an interest in it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

littleorv posted:

Honey and Clover is really great but it also has one of the most maddening endings I have ever witnessed

By and large I thought the ending was great and made sense, but that's probably because I interpreted Shuji as being Hagu's caretaker rather than a husband-to-be, and if someone took it the other way I can see not liking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Cake Attack posted:

yes the ending is better if you misinterpret it

I don't see the relationship ever being anything more than one-way, even if he wanted something more.

• Locked thread