Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I started watching this on a whim and was totally caught off guard. I pretty much liked everything about the first episode (art, animation, directing, sound, music.. all of it.) The quality of the first episode has my confidence for AotS, possibly AotY at this rate.

AnacondaHL posted:

I was shocked to see this was SHAFT, but also not shocked
:aaaaa: If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have never guessed it was SHAFT just 'cause of the very different art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
https://zippy.gfycat.com/ReasonableFarflungBoaconstrictor.mp4

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised that nobody's brought up the seemingly romantic aspects of Rei and Kyouko's relationship. Like, there was that very brief flash back a couple of episodes ago where she was taking off his glasses while on top of him in his bed. Or how she wrapped herself in his new futon and mentioned how it doesn't smell like him yet. Or how she was crouched down in front of him and touching and examining his face. With lots of things yet to be explained, it's like they're skirting this complicated line between romance, intimate brother/sisterly relationship, and the abuse that's already been portrayed.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

eta: I know this is long, sorry, I just... obviously if you're here you love 3 gatsu too but I love this series so much that I'll type words forever on anything relating to it
I actually also think that Kyoko harbors feelings of some sort for Rei. When she said, "We lived under the same roof for ten years, but it's like I barely know anything about you," it was said in a sort of regretful tone rather than one of disdain (to which Rei responds with a surprised "huh?") And the she goes and wraps herself in his futon, sniffs it, and says that it doesn't smell like him yet (with the same tone and facial expression.) I mean, she's whacked, but there's something that's not being said from her.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
poo poo. Do I want to start reading the manga now, or wait for the next season? October is a long ways away. :(

• Locked thread