Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mentat Radnor posted:

PV on Dailymotion.

Get hyped, this season will include some of the best arcs from the manga.

On a side note, does season 2 deserve a new thread or should we just use this one?

Hina shouldn't ever cry, it is very upsetting. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm very happy for Rei. He's having fun at school and has school friends and is enjoying his club activities. I'm so proud. :3:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I feel like the latest episode was meant to show Gotoh and Kyouko don't just have a weird messed up relationship but a weird messed up relationship with layers, though the layers are perhaps not as at least minorly sympathetic as they want to be.

Like Gotoh comes off to me as not actually wanting a romantic relationship, from the way the scene went he doesn't look he wants to sleep with her at all. He's just like lonely or wants company. Someone to help him with shopping because he's uncomfortable with crowds or just stay with him because he can't sleep and is dealing badly with his wife's coma. And in like another context that could be pretty cute I guess, if both people involved were clear on what this relationship was and what they wanted out of it. But it seems real clear Kyouko sees this as or at least wants this to be a real romantic relationship because of her own issues, and Gotoh kinda seems to be keeping up that illusion. He lets everyone else see it that way at least and beats up Rei when he confronts him about it.

Like, it's not quite an older guy manipulating a younger vulnerable girl into a messed up romance and sleeping with her and cheating on his sick wife. But it's still an older guy manipulating a younger vulnerable girl for companionship and for his own personal issues. And also he tied her up to his bed to achieve this and that's really weird.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know if I'm going to like the Hina is sad arc. There's several sad people in this show, but not Hina. Hina should never be sad. :smith:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The shogi is good and also you get taught by cats through cute songs how shogi works and that's neat and helps with all the basics of the game. Even if all the specific shogi terms and strategies that get mentioned still don't mean anything to me. You don't need a really complex understanding to appreciate it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hina's the strongest. The whole episode was great but I really loved that scene with her and grandpa. It really reminded me of the best scene from last season of Hayashida encouraging Rei.

What a fantastic show. Even if it makes me cry.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hayashida is perfect and the best teacher and I want him to meet Hina and help her out in person.

Also, Nikaidou is extremely tough and incredibly cool and I really enjoyed getting into his backstory.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The chapters or even arcs which focus on largely one-shot characters are often some of my favourite chapters. I love when the story does a couple of chapters dedicated to exploring a shogi opponent who probably won't show up in a major way ever again, sometimes even with characters that don't face Rei at all. They're usually quite good.

Anyway, I like Pigeon man and i'm glad he thinks Rei and Nikaidou are the coolest. And also I am extremely happy Hina is smiling and happy and I hope she never is sad again!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, Hina is extraordinarily powerful and cool.

• Locked thread