Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
I am still watching. Tiger Mask vs Yellow Devil was a good fight, well at least till the kayfabe bullshit kicked in fuckin wrestling. Honestly show is ok. There is usually a couple of good animation cuts each episode. Tiger vs Tiger the Dark was kinda whatever, but I guess they will have a rematch at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I started watching this show and I love that it's a not subtle dig on how WWE is greedy and is destroying the sanctity of pro wrestling and New Japan is everything right with wrestling. Also Okada is there and a dude got thrown off of a mountain. This show rules.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
It's pretty great. My wife and I like to build up a few episodes at a time and watch them in bursts but it turns out all I had to do, this whole time, to get her to watch an anime, was put wrestlers in it. Who knew?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I dropped out after the special show for a dying old-people village episode, it just felt like it was losing steam at that point. Has it gotten any momentum back or did it stay super episodic for longer?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mister Olympus posted:

I dropped out after the special show for a dying old-people village episode, it just felt like it was losing steam at that point. Has it gotten any momentum back or did it stay super episodic for longer?

The episode after that is the only other episodic one, immediately after that the show picks up steam and starts firing at all cylinders.

I've been slowly watching a few episodes every now and then but as soon as I hit episode 18 I just couldn't stop, and then the start of the third cour really raised the stakes. This show's pretty good.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
The past 2 weeks have really kicked things up, with Takuma's return to being a BAD rear end and Tiger The Great The Third (always in full, right?) being beatable. Three more episodes!

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Great time for me to catch up, the final show down between The Third and Tiger Mask was awesome! It felt like it was 10 minutes of continuous high quality animation, aside from a handful of re-used cuts but they flowed into the fight pretty well so whatever.

Also Kevin is totally in love with Takuma and this is the only unresolved romance subplot I care about.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That was one gorgeous finale. Everything was a delight to see.

Was just pouting about Spring Tiger not going anywhere and we get two epilogue eps. :allears:

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Really enjoyed this week's show - seemed like a backdoor pilot for a joshi show! Any news on s2?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That was the most beautiful episode this show made. :stare: That final kick was impossibly good and the direction and storyboarding was Aces throughout. Shitton of shadow play, which makes sense since this is supposed to be about 'light and dark'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
The last third or so of this show was all pretty great but yeah final two eps were the peak for sure.

Please give Haruna a spin off/sequel Toei!

• Locked thread