Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't know how big of a deal this is, or even how true it is, but I've noticed a sort of blowback against this kind of narrative after the coverage of the Pitt and Jolie's break-up that the media's been way too quick to blame this either on Jolie, or on any of the actresses that Pitt has allegedly had an affair with, when reportedly the "irreconcilable differences" in the divorce claims were more about essential disagreements on how to the couple was and would raise their children, and specifically Pitt's consumption of drugs and alcohol being a bad influence on them.

To wit, in these divorce stories the wife is all too often portrayed as the flawed, even crazy person, or that the mistresses are all too often portrayed as seductresses.

This is remarkably unsurprising, honestly. I know Pitt never really hid his love of substances, and I imagine it's really hard to be a regular pot smoker and a father of 6. The abuse accusations suck though. I don't give half a poo poo about celebrities cheating (I mean, it's terrible for the person being cheated on obviously, but on the grand scale of bad things celebrities could do, it's way toward the bottom. Shouts to Affleck).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread