Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't know how big of a deal this is, or even how true it is, but I've noticed a sort of blowback against this kind of narrative after the coverage of the Pitt and Jolie's break-up that the media's been way too quick to blame this either on Jolie, or on any of the actresses that Pitt has allegedly had an affair with, when reportedly the "irreconcilable differences" in the divorce claims were more about essential disagreements on how to the couple was and would raise their children, and specifically Pitt's consumption of drugs and alcohol being a bad influence on them.

To wit, in these divorce stories the wife is all too often portrayed as the flawed, even crazy person, or that the mistresses are all too often portrayed as seductresses.

I'd thought the divorce filing was related to Pitt allegedly verbally or physically abusing the kids. There was an incident on a private flight I guess? I don't know how reliable the report is.

TMZ: Brad Pitt Child Abuse Investigation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

I know it's the onion, but...

I have never seen The Onion do a takedown this brutal.

In case you hadn't heard, this is about Penn State's incredibly ill-advised Joe Paterno tribute.

quote:

“You all need to know that what you are doing and saying is extremely strange and that you should stop,” said Alex Gilani, 35, of Tacoma, WA, adding that “it should be pretty obvious” that holding halftime tributes to the late Paterno, who did nothing to prevent his former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky from sexually abusing dozens of children, is totally unacceptable. “All of us find it very strange that you cheer for him during games, paint his name on signs to hold up in the crowd, and attempt to restore a statue of him on campus.”

It's a drat good takedown.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Darth123123 posted:

Pretty weak take down of a child molester assistant.

:shrug: I thought it on point about Penn State and appreciated the link. Is it a tone problem? Not enough "what the gently caress is wrong with you people"-style questions?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Is this mostly a combo of hoaxes and mass hysteria? From what I've seen, only that unfortunate looking dude was caught, and some other kids admitted their sightings were a joke. Or is someone doing a viral marketing campaign for a remake of It?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Facebook Aunt posted:

I blame juggalos. I have no evidence, but it's never a bad idea to blame juggalos.

This is probably fair. Watch for spikes in Faygo sales.

• Locked thread