Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
This is a sort of experimental thread intended as a place to casually discuss any sort of interesting new item or opinion piece that interested you, and that you think other people might be interested in. Thoughts, jokes, or discussion about anything posted is encouraged.

Some guidelines:
---DO post any sort of news, thoughts about news, blog posts about news, tweets about news ect. that you think is funny or interesting.
---DO give your thoughts, discuss, or makes jokes about articles posted.
---DO make threads about topics that seem to draw a lot of interest

---DON'T be a human RSS feed. Only post articles if you think they're interesting or funny, or if you have something you want to say about them.
---DON'T be a dismissive dick about people who are misinformed, less informed, drew an article from a disreputable source, or simply disagree with you. Seek to inform, discuss, or convince, not insult.
---DON'T turn this into DaD Chat. Try to keep on the topic of articles posted in the last 3-4 pages at most. If discussion runs longer than that, please make a new thread! People clearly want to talk about it!

With that in mind, have fun, and don't take this thread too seriously.

A Nazi time capsule was found in Poland. It was buried in the foundation of a Nazi leadership academy at the start of its construction.

Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce with Brad Pitt after a private investigator uncovered and affair with some actress I've never heard of. Jolie apparently want sole custody of their kids.

Arms manufacturer lobbyists held a swanky party for military officials and congressmen.. A House committee member gave a speech requesting lobbyist assistance in securing greater military funding in the next appropriations bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Blue Bell went right back to giving people listeria and should probably just shut down entirely before they kill again

http://kxan.com/2016/09/21/listeria-potentially-found-in-blue-bell-products-sparking-new-recall/

This is the worst news my grandpa ever heard.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gyges posted:

So if this keeps up do we finally stop playing the national anthem before everything, or do police refuse to do their jobs at any sporting event above Pop Warner level?

The cops will whine like they always do, but if they refuse to work games I'm sure the NFL will just start contracting out security to a private security agency.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

If you live in Texas, HEB's house brand is better than Blue Bell by far. I know that's drat near heretical, but it's the truth.

I dunno about that, but they're pretty comparable at least.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Starshark posted:

You haven't heard of Marion Cotillard? She won an Oscar.

Oh, I recognized the actress once I looked her up. I didn't know the name though.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Fargle posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-37451903

A member of the House of Lords is having £3k worth of property seized by the courts because he refused to pay a fine for riding the train without a ticket.

After refusing to pay he apparently tried to challenge the decision by representing himself in court, sitting in the Prosecutor's seat when he turned up and using "I'm old and shouldn't have to pay" as his defense.

Oh hell, I read that as £3 and thought they were actually going to seize and auction property for the cost of the ticket itself and nearly died at the thought.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Twitter has been looking for a buyer since they apparently still haven't figured out how to monetize the thing. There's rumored to be a lot of interest, especially from Google, the company that has brought you like three or four failed social media ventures.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The cops are Space Station 13 players, and know better than to let a clown roam free.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

This is America. That barely even registers an anything more than a typical weekday.

It's awful that it's only remarkable because they haven't IDed the shooter yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Cut-Me-Own-Throat Diddler

• Locked thread