Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MrChupon posted:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/22/news/companies/pacnet-investigation/index.html

I can't tell if this is actually a big deal, justifying CNNs use of a 108-point headline font, or if it's just a slow news day and they are patting their own back about doing investigative journalism 60-minutes style about old people getting scammed out of their money.

But in the conventions of their site (which I should really un-bookmark), this is the font they'd use if a terrorist attack happened.
That's hilarious considering all the TVs in the breakroom are blowing up over Charlotte and I haven't heard a single mention of this story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Slanderer posted:

Clowns are a funny example, but police shootings are currently being reported at a national level at a much higher frequency than they were just a few years ago, with the effect being that some people are convinced that the police are murdering way more people than ever (without any evidence of this being the case). At least unlike with shark attacks and clown sightings, this seems to be having a positive impact by raising awareness of the misuse of force by the police in america.
I wonder if we'll actually do anything about the police, unlike the sharks

Granted I don't know what we could even have done about the sharks, people will always be dumb and nature will take advantage

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

new pokemon tracker site lookin pretty good

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gradenko_2000 posted:

I wanted to share this piece on What PTSD is, in the wake of Trump's comments about that subject:
Belated thanks for this article, it's a good read and explains a bit about my own thoughts.

• Locked thread