Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Viennetta. Anyone else remember this?

Anyone else remeber this excellent Ice Ceam?

What is your favorite Ice Cream?

ICE CREAM THREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

it's the only ice cream to earn hot slut of the day, as far as I know
http://dlisted.com/2010/09/15/hot-slut-of-the-day-38847/

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

criscodisco

do it
Vienetta was reserved for special occasions only in my house like Christmas or when my uncle jack hung himself when the holidays would roll around my mom would have to house the boxes out in the snow because we couldn't wait to dog into them

Mariana Horchata

actually looks p good, i see a lil bit of tiramisu in it too which is never a bad sign

for me though this set the standard for all special seasonal store bought ice cream confectionery treats during my youth

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

criscodisco posted:

Vienetta was reserved for special occasions only in my house like Christmas or when my uncle jack hung himself when the holidays would roll around my mom would have to house the boxes out in the snow because we couldn't wait to dog into them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEsVp5tiDQ

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i have fond memories of snowy christmas days in new england when mother would have the butler retrieve a Viennetta Ice Cream Loaf from the freezers in the basement. We'd enjoy it by a roaring fire while she leered at us and drank her wine. One christmas father caught a servant trying to steal an entire loaf and we watched gleefully as he fed her to the hounds. There really is no substitute for the nostalgia of a childhood gone by then a Viennetta Ice Cream loaf.

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

ICE CREAM THREAD

I remember those OP

duck note: nooner your sig is inappropriate for byob as it has a dead child in it. please don't use it here

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 22, 2016

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Mariana Horchata posted:

for me though this set the standard for all special seasonal store bought ice cream confectionery treats during my youth

these are delicious

Boomzilla

Man, I just eat freezepops and store brand sherbet, that poo poo looks fancy as gently caress

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

ICE CREAM THREAD

Tasty icy blast from the past!

Do they still make this?

Can you mail me some?

Macnult

I am a big fan of Talenti ice cream

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

i have fond memories of snowy christmas days in new england when mother would have the butler retrieve a Viennetta Ice Cream Loaf from the freezers in the basement. We'd enjoy it by a roaring fire while she leered at us and drank her wine. One christmas father caught a servant trying to steal an entire loaf and we watched gleefully as he fed her to the hounds. There really is no substitute for the nostalgia of a childhood gone by then a Viennetta Ice Cream loaf.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

The Bananana posted:

Tasty icy blast from the past!

Do they still make this?

Can you mail me some?

No longer sold in America, sorry.

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.
I can't remember if I ever ate that but I do have fond memories of it.

Boomzilla

Macnult posted:

Their mint chocolate chip is bomb as gently caress

City of Glompton

Luvcow posted:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

liddledragon

[DRAGONING CLIMAXES]

Boomzilla posted:

Their mint chocolate chip is bomb as gently caress

Espresso Talenti is best Talenti.

Boomzilla

liddledragon posted:

Espresso Talenti is best Talenti.

Haven't tried that but I'm gonna now

Mariana Horchata

they sell some kind of tea flavoured brand of ice creams at one of my local stop and shops and its always a top contender for my selection...esp the azuki bean and chai masala varieties which are to die for

oh man that was like one of my fav songs that was always on the radio growing up, and still so drat good too

thank u pepsico for teaching me who ray charles was at a tender young age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6AFkk1LVwE

liddledragon

[DRAGONING CLIMAXES]

Boomzilla posted:

Haven't tried that but I'm gonna now

My bad, it's Coffee Chocolate Chip flavor. I think the espresso was a different brand.

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

ty nesamdoom!

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Mariana Horchata posted:

they sell some kind of tea flavoured brand of ice creams at one of my local stop and shops and its always a top contender for my selection...esp the azuki bean and chai masala varieties which are to die for

oh man that was like one of my fav songs that was always on the radio growing up, and still so drat good too

thank u pepsico for teaching me who ray charles was at a tender young age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6AFkk1LVwE

Chubby Checker NES Dig Dug song ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwgzoNrbtoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfWq5AFxSr8

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Macnult posted:

I would be eating this stuff all the time if it didn't kill my wallet

Nonviolent J

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

ICE CREAM THREAD

remember? they are loving awesome, i love you more each day hector

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Salmiakki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2N_qzx622w&t=1006s

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Bert Roberge

Anyone else remember sad turtle pops?

I think they had bubblegum eyes for some reason.

alnilam

Macnult posted:

sea salt caramel mmm

HATECUBE

i like to get me some superman icecream, which the internet informs me no one has ever herd of outside of michigan

you poor things

Cthulu Carl

Graeter's is some of the best ice cream I've had. It tastes good and if you get a flavor with chocolate chips in it, you get these massive chunks of dar chocolate because they pour in melted chocolate as part of the mixing process or something.

Also good is Crank & Boom. They have a bourbon honey ice cream that is the bee's knees and I was sad that it's only around Lexington KY, but it turns out I can get their basic flavors at Jungle Jim's!

Vincent Van Goatse

Enjoy every sandwich.

wonder if my local Vons has Viennetta because I've never had one but I remember the old TV ads

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

HATECUBE posted:

i like to get me some superman icecream, which the internet informs me no one has ever herd of outside of michigan

you poor things

Oh wow. That is a myriad of colors :eyepop:

Hell yeah I remember Ice Cream Loaf! So good. Are we allowing other frozen treats in the thread? drat I want some ice cream now but it's morning time and also work time :coffeepal:

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my godmother used to make this weird ice cream log thingy, it was a purple spongy cake that she said was made from purple potatoes, rolled up with with a sweet creamy ice cream so it looked like one of those Swiss roll thingies. That was a special occasion treat for us. I have never since met anyone who is familiar with the purple potato sweet cakey material I have described here

social vegan

Viennetta: here you go, god, happy birthday

God: haha hey what the heck is this

Viennetta: oh it's a piping bag

God: haha awesome heck ya check this out

Viennetta: oh god no, no too much

FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

my godmother used to make this weird ice cream log thingy, it was a purple spongy cake that she said was made from purple potatoes, rolled up with with a sweet creamy ice cream so it looked like one of those Swiss roll thingies. That was a special occasion treat for us. I have never since met anyone who is familiar with the purple potato sweet cakey material I have described here
I want this.

angerbot

plob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJ6RKPHblY

Rozzbot

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
You can buy a whole Viennetta loaf thing for £1 at Tescos

:britain:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD

i enoyed the ice cream that looked like donatello when i was a kid and later found that it was all pistachio. cant remember what the eyes were

i might go out and get a big bag of pistachios from the safeway uptown later

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

ICE CREAM THREAD

you're a man of wealth and taste

----------------

pants in my pants

by Smythe
I liked these a lot when I was a kid but we didn't get them much. They had commercials on during wheel of fortune I think

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Rozzbot posted:

You can buy a whole Viennetta loaf thing for £1 at Tescos

:britain:

Please mail some to me in america, thank you

• Locked thread