Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my godmother used to make this weird ice cream log thingy, it was a purple spongy cake that she said was made from purple potatoes, rolled up with with a sweet creamy ice cream so it looked like one of those Swiss roll thingies. That was a special occasion treat for us. I have never since met anyone who is familiar with the purple potato sweet cakey material I have described here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Xaris posted:

Are you talking about like an ube cake roll?

Ube ice cream is also really good if you ever get the chance. It has a nice sweet nutty tasty to it

holy crap yeah this looks exactly like it. The cake tasted really cool but I remember the ice cream was also really unique and unlike any other ice cream I've ever had.

Gatekeeper

hmm I'm lookin at recipes and I guess the filling was not ice cream but a funky buttercream? I dunno, it was always served super refrigerated and the yummy filler had the consistency of ice cream :shrug:

thanks for this, bud, I'm really happy to finally know the name of this thing

Gatekeeper

italians from staten island lmao. no idea how the homemade Filipino food became a tradition

Gatekeeper

awwwwww yussssss

• Locked thread