Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
If its that episode where nyanko helps those two children, then it was a very cute episode but they did repeat the gags a one too many times imo

Knorth fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

psyer posted:

The bird youkai in the screenshot is from season 5 episode 6. Not sure about a bird youkai from season 2 epsiode though. Pretty sure it is different.

I got confused because that was the episode we streamed last week >_>

Athanos
Sep 19, 2006
Slowly making my way through this, it's very good so far.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Touko and Shigeru are lovely people. :unsmith:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Season six already whoa: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-20/natsume-yujin-cho-gets-6th-anime-in-2017/.110154

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yessss I need this

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Last 2 episodes of season 5 are supposedly being released only in BD. So we will see whether Crunchyroll even gets it and the long wait for it. It seems like Studio Shuka is a entire mess with the animation drop from previous season and how they cannot get the entire season released on television especially with one episode of this season being from a previous OAD. I am happy about another season of Natsume but concerns about whether Studio Shuka is up for the task.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They aren't going to be but it's fine, hail satan.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What, put on Crunchyroll? They've gotten a lot of ova eps for other shows, so I don't see why you wouldn't expect them to get these too.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I love this sweet mushroom

Touko and Shigeru are just the most wonderful people holy crap :kimchi:

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
The 6th season of Natsume is airing in spring.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-01-24/6th-natsume-book-of-friends-anime-slated-to-air-in-spring/.111405

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Every now and then watching an episode or two when I'm in the mood, I've almost finished Go. Holy crap the Shigeru & Touko ep is so goooood!!! They're so cute! I teared up every time Touko did, and a few other times besides!

I'm so glad we're getting more of this wonderful show sooner rather than later!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The 6th season's starting in just a couple weeks! I encourage y'all to begin to get excited!

Also, I got a cute Nyanko-sensei plush in Japan.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
6th season has begon on crunchy!!! Squark says the first ep is "epic."

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
For goodness' sake :kimchi:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Squark was right.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://my.mixtape.moe/wifhsj.webm

I like the new OP.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 3 was hilarious, it extremely owned.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

Episode 3 was hilarious, it extremely owned.

Just to clarify, she also thinks it's "extremely epic"

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Much like Nyanko, I would help you with any spooky ghost problems for a tasty melon :3:

What a fun episode

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Location shots!

https://twitter.com/tianlangxing/status/859455309835665409

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The end of this episode be like :ohdear::ohdear::ohdear:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
she's right

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
But what a good two-parter! Natsume being nice feels, Sensei not even making a show of not liking Natsume feels, love between ayakashi and humans feels, unable to see/interact with someone you really want to feels, and then that...

NatsumeŚNatori OTP

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol

https://twitter.com/LvCX3cirnJtEOci/status/861991043511631872

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That was a really good set of episodes :3:

Natori... Don't ruin this good thing dammit

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A good episode, what a lovely ending :3:

Reiko's wonderful

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I watched the last couple eps last night. They were both pretty cute, but probably the weakest eps so far for s6. We didn't really get much new for Natsume's friends, and while it's always nice to see Reiko, it kind of felt like she didn't do much. I think Natsume himself is such a large part of what I love about this show that any ep that doesn't feature him as much seems a bit weak to me.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah I can get that, I like Reiko a lot so I'm glad for her be the focus of an episode but it wasn't really about learning anything new about her life or really showing off her strength. Apart from maybe that her home life wasn't great either or that she probably could have married a pretty youkai had she stuck around :3:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
These two dorks owned and I'm glad they were able to work things out for a change.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
These kids are very cute :3: also Nyanko is in pretty fine form this episode

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I liked Aoi sucking up to Sensei, and I liked that it worked even more.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I love spooky mountain and piglet nyanko

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
This Natsume ova seems extremely nice, I love this cute yokai couple :kimchi:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

This Natsume ova seems extremely nice, I love this cute yokai couple :kimchi:

Ooh nice, it's on Crunchyroll.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
S4 ending destroyed me

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
What was up with the very end of S5E4? Matoba takes something out of Natsume's hair and Natori collects a shiki at the end, was it just that he had it on Natsume the whole time or was something else going on? I was a little confused by the line Natori says about resolving it this time so I was wondering just what exactly he was doing. Just now realized thinking through it that it was his shiki that was tripping people up so uh...good job with that I guess Natori. :v:

also that was totally a love letter

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Natori had his paper doll on Natsume to protect him and it flew off before Matoba could grab it.

Natori's got History with Matoba too but the anime has only covered a small portion of it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ok it was just sort of abrupt when it happened and left me feeling like I'd missed something (tbh I was assuming it was Sensei tripping up people which is why I didn't make the connection there immediately).

Matoba episodes are good, I like that he mostly just seems to be an awkward rear end in a top hat who doesn't get along with other people and covers for it by being as smug as possible lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

Much like Nyanko, I would help you with any spooky ghost problems for a tasty melon :3:

What a fun episode

just watched this one, the negotiation was great :3

I know Natori x Natsume is a strong ship but I gotta be true to my boy Tanuma and this episode was all about it.

• Locked thread