Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hadaka Apron posted:

Kotone is one of my favorite characters ever. Tagged for spoilers and the first one is :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/f9st26x.png

http://i.imgur.com/gE6JH92.jpg

TOO BAD WE SKIPPED HER INTRO FIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Kawai battle was good, though. While I still disagree with skipping the beginning through the exam arc, I think they did decently pull off how they did it.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

This show is a good example of how to take a completely stupid premise and still make it fun to watch. I'm really looking forward to seeing what ridiculous butt techniques we get in the future.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Erg posted:

TOO BAD WE SKIPPED HER INTRO FIGHT

No, that didn't come until chapter 48 in the manga, some time after where the first episode started.

Conceptually, this reminds me of Girls und Panzer, because it's a sports anime where the sport is completely ridiculous. Are there any other anime like that?

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Hadaka Apron posted:

Kotone is one of my favorite characters ever. Tagged for spoilers and the first one is :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/f9st26x.png

What is that animal?
Butt Dragon? Butt Cat? Butt Lion?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hadaka Apron posted:

No, that didn't come until chapter 48 in the manga, some time after where the first episode started.

Conceptually, this reminds me of Girls und Panzer, because it's a sports anime where the sport is completely ridiculous. Are there any other anime like that?

Oh I actually forgot about that group of fights being in the middle of the academy stuff

which is good because I liked her stuff

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

no go on Quiznos posted:

What is that animal?
Butt Dragon? Butt Cat? Butt Lion?

It's a dog- she's doing her Cerberus attack (you can briefly see it in the OP)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's a trick question. The correct answer is hot sauce.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

It's a trick question. The correct answer is hot sauce.

:yeah:

Pepper is an acceptable answer, too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

somebody asked for gifs to be posted in here a while ago and i finally reach the point where the anime starts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks, now all I need to do it photoshop 'PLOT' onto them...

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Thanks, now all I need to do it photoshop 'PLOT' onto them...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nice

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Apparently, watching this makes you a monster:

http://kotaku.com/girls-fight-with-their-butts-and-boobs-in-this-deplorab-1787657403

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I don't really see a problem with acknowledging that a show about a sport literally created to only involve smushing swimsuit-clad butts and boobs together and named after the word for horsetrack racing, but with the horse kanji substituted for the woman kanji, is bad from a "portrayals of women in media" perspective. That doesn't mean anybody is a monster for enjoying it, but there's also nothing wrong with people criticizing it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

z0glin Warchief posted:

That doesn't mean anybody is a monster for enjoying it, but there's also nothing wrong with people criticizing it.

That's true and if it had happened in the article I'd agree with you, but the article contains no criticism. Criticism implies a level of analysis of which the article falls well short, it is in actuality a temper tantrum and a rather funny one at that.

She has no point beyond a prudish plaintive wail that women are portrayed as sexualized. The further implication that she feels a woman has no value when sexualized she even states outright, which is pretty hilarious.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

looking forward to episode 2 now

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

LostRook posted:

That's true and if it had happened in the article I'd agree with you, but the article contains no criticism. Criticism implies a level of analysis of which the article falls well short, it is in actuality a temper tantrum and a rather funny one at that.

She has no point beyond a prudish plaintive wail that women are portrayed as sexualized. The further implication that she feels a woman has no value when sexualized she even states outright, which is pretty hilarious.

Consider it your punishment for reading Kotaku articles :shrug:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Don't read virtue signally holier than thou toerags and you won't have read any virtue signally holier than thou toerags on this day

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Wait, chapters were skipped from the manga? :(

I guess I'll have to read Keijo!!!!!!!!, then

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man the gender-swapped version of this must be MLG as all hell with everyone teabagging each other.

Anyway, since this is called a comedy in the thread title, I'm guessing there won't be a timeskip for everyone to go their separate ways training huh?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The training time skip was all the early manga chapters the anime missed out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The training time skip was all the early manga chapters the anime missed out.

Whaaat? But no one's even changed outfits or appearances!

I didn't even see their hair grow any longer for pete's sake!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I've been seeing this anime float around some of the people I follow on different sites and decided to check it out last night. I went into it expecting something that was little more than softcore hentai.

What I got was a legitimately entertaining, shounen-esque show that knows and acknowledges its fanservice and doesn't really try to be anything else. You can bet your rear end I'll be following this (no pun intended).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sat down and read the chapters in the manga that the anime skipped, because I hate seeing things out of order, and....what the, Keijo!!!!!!!! is actually really good? It's a smart, silly manga that has excellent friendship arcs, lots of ladies being supportive and helpful (or not, but for very human reasons!) and it's just really enjoyable! I had a great time reading it, and then I watched the first episode and had a good time with the animation, and I am officially on board for watching this show!

I wish there were more sports anime with ladies front and center without being moe, but heck, I'll take butts with my genuinely well-written friendships.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm so happy that we've already escalated to devastating rear end Hadoukens.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Those shirt designs are rad as hell. What's the point of swimsuits if they don't have english phrases on them.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

LostRook posted:

Prudish? No, there are types of sexualization that she's okay with, specifically when it's integral to the plot. The main complaint is that this type of fanservice is intended for a demographic (male otaku) that she doesn't belong to. Which is true, but "this is tailored for people who aren't me" isn't much of a critique, it's the second line of a marketing promo.

It's the rough equivalent of a 4chan post complaining about "fujoshit" pandering because Gundam and sports shows are increasingly tailored toward women. Which is technically true but geez. And most people consider it immoral to produce or enjoy sexist content, because sexism is objectively bad for society, which is why it encroaches more on a moral critique than a technical or artistic one

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
:yikes:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

je1 healthcare posted:

Prudish? No, there are types of sexualization that she's okay with, specifically when it's integral to the plot. The main complaint is that this type of fanservice is intended for a demographic (male otaku) that she doesn't belong to. Which is true, but "this is tailored for people who aren't me" isn't much of a critique, it's the second line of a marketing promo.

It's the rough equivalent of a 4chan post complaining about "fujoshit" pandering because Gundam and sports shows are increasingly tailored toward women. Which is technically true but geez. And most people consider it immoral to produce or enjoy sexist content, because sexism is objectively bad for society, which is why it encroaches more on a moral critique than a technical or artistic one

stop talking about kotaku you dorks

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Do the opposite, because I find this all very interesting and I can't just go to the websites that publish these opinions because they're not moderated and they get so much creepier about it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Do the opposite, because I find this all very interesting and I can't just go to the websites that publish these opinions because they're not moderated and they get so much creepier about it.

I think a discussion about sexism in anime/media in general is big and complicated enough that it deserves its own thread because starting it in earnest here is going to end up consuming the thread

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The Colonel posted:

somebody asked for gifs to be posted in here a while ago and i finally reach the point where the anime starts

Keijo!!!!!!!: I wanna be the very breast, like no-one ever was

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

If this does not feature someone swinging their butt around like the Dempsey Roll, the director has failed.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Erg posted:

I think a discussion about sexism in anime/media in general is big and complicated enough that it deserves its own thread because starting it in earnest here is going to end up consuming the thread

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Please do not turn this thread about an unambiguously silly show into yet another thread where stubborn people on the Internet get angry at each other over sexism, thanks.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

everything about keijo is funny and good (except the silly amount of exclamation marks in its title ofc)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
!!!!!!!!

It's actually good. It let's you know how serious Keijo!!!!!!!! really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
It's only problem is that you have to yell "Keijo!!!!!!!!" in public when talking about the show, otherwise people might confuse it with something with less exclamation marks.

• Locked thread