Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Thanks, now all I need to do it photoshop 'PLOT' onto them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I don't really see a problem with acknowledging that a show about a sport literally created to only involve smushing swimsuit-clad butts and boobs together and named after the word for horsetrack racing, but with the horse kanji substituted for the woman kanji, is bad from a "portrayals of women in media" perspective. That doesn't mean anybody is a monster for enjoying it, but there's also nothing wrong with people criticizing it.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

LostRook posted:

That's true and if it had happened in the article I'd agree with you, but the article contains no criticism. Criticism implies a level of analysis of which the article falls well short, it is in actuality a temper tantrum and a rather funny one at that.

She has no point beyond a prudish plaintive wail that women are portrayed as sexualized. The further implication that she feels a woman has no value when sexualized she even states outright, which is pretty hilarious.

Consider it your punishment for reading Kotaku articles :shrug:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like her impression of the anime industry is not entirely accurate. Though the idea of animation studios consisting of a bunch of suits in fancy skyscrapers with heavy security is pretty amusing.

As funny as it is to imagine animators going through several levels of security in giant skyscrapers, I should probably point out that Warner Bros. is apparently a big part of the production committee for Keijo!!!!!!!! and their Japan headquarters is in just that sort of building, so there's at least a kernel of truth to that even if by accident.

• Locked thread