Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think the problem a lot of people are having with it is that they're focusing a little too much on the comedy and expecting it to be comedic all the way through because of how silly the concept is. Which is what I and I'm sure most people expected going into it and why a lot of people dropped it for not being as funny as they expected it to be. After watching it though I just get the impression it wasn't really meant to be all that funny because I actually ended up enjoying the actual keijo matches and the genuine character moments a lot more than the gags.

Shoryucans! got me though I got to admit.

I think if you like shonen battle anime, particularly things like weird special powers, training arcs, tournament arcs, transformations and don't mind fan-service you might enjoy this, just don't expect to laugh your rear end off at boob and butt jokes the whole way through.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread