Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Keijo!!!!!!! is about a made up sport where girls try to knock each other off a "land" using only their boobs and butts

Nozomi is good enough at gymnastics that she could compete at an olympic level, but she says gently caress that and pins her dreams on a sport where she can make some real money

Sayaka was a judo prodigy until some ~mysterious past~ stuff happened at the qualifiers for the olympics, and now she's trying to prove herself in Keijo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfQVsgO16Y

Keijo!!!!!! is a legit good and funny super power sports manga, but it's also FILLED with T&A shots due to the premise. This is not the thread for irony watching Keijo!!!!!!! This is not the thread for hate watching Keijo!!!!!!!! This is the thread where we watch Keijo!!!!!! and talk about it and post lots of gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ty you Terper for the first picture and The Colonel for the title

and Z0glin for this

Erg fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 13, 2016

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I don't really like coming up with titles because it's hard to sell a show's premise on them and be funny. I asked peeps for suggestions because I didn't feel like thinking hard about it and The Colonel's plain spoken one appealed to me because it accomplished goal one swimmingly

If you've got something you think is good just post it and I'll ask the mod to change it if it makes me laugh enough

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

How do you pronounce that? Please reply fast, I'm currently in a conversation and I think Keijo!!!!!!!! might come up naturally.

You need to clap eight times to achieve the same effect in the spoken word

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Watched the first ep.

They cut out probably the first 20 something chapters to skip to the academy arc. Understandable if they want to finish with some big matches in a 12 ep span, but it means we're going to miss out on some pretty hype moments. Also, they had to do some clumsy exposition to catch people up.

I was seeing lots of jaggy lines, like it had been encoded weirdly or something? I'm also using a different monitor from usual so idk

Kinda disappointing start, but they did a pretty good job with Hanabi and Nozomi's fight so I've still got hope. If I had to say one complaint, it seems like they're rushing way too much and not letting scenes breath a bit

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Daedalus1134 posted:

I have no context of this apart from the OP, but if this attack is not called Gate of Boobylon some translator hosed up.

almost

it was hip of babylon in the manga

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hadaka Apron posted:

Kotone is one of my favorite characters ever. Tagged for spoilers and the first one is :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/f9st26x.png

http://i.imgur.com/gE6JH92.jpg

TOO BAD WE SKIPPED HER INTRO FIGHT

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hadaka Apron posted:

No, that didn't come until chapter 48 in the manga, some time after where the first episode started.

Conceptually, this reminds me of Girls und Panzer, because it's a sports anime where the sport is completely ridiculous. Are there any other anime like that?

Oh I actually forgot about that group of fights being in the middle of the academy stuff

which is good because I liked her stuff

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

je1 healthcare posted:

Prudish? No, there are types of sexualization that she's okay with, specifically when it's integral to the plot. The main complaint is that this type of fanservice is intended for a demographic (male otaku) that she doesn't belong to. Which is true, but "this is tailored for people who aren't me" isn't much of a critique, it's the second line of a marketing promo.

It's the rough equivalent of a 4chan post complaining about "fujoshit" pandering because Gundam and sports shows are increasingly tailored toward women. Which is technically true but geez. And most people consider it immoral to produce or enjoy sexist content, because sexism is objectively bad for society, which is why it encroaches more on a moral critique than a technical or artistic one

stop talking about kotaku you dorks

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Do the opposite, because I find this all very interesting and I can't just go to the websites that publish these opinions because they're not moderated and they get so much creepier about it.

I think a discussion about sexism in anime/media in general is big and complicated enough that it deserves its own thread because starting it in earnest here is going to end up consuming the thread

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Keijo is not a deconstruction of fanservice

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Basically everything Keijo!!!!!!! does is to serve the twin goals of T&A shots and being a really good sports show

Like the beach ball juggling is obviously so that they can get lots of butt shots, but we also get a pretty heartwarming scene about bringing someone out of their shell

https://a.pomf.cat/dngzwv.webm

also this scene has Meaningful Looks and hands moving close to the "camera" two things that I rate Very Good

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

What's the significance of hands moving close to the camera, is that a cinematography thing?

absolutely nothing besides me thinking it looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

The anime is cutting out a lot of stuff so the pacing feels really off if you've read the manga. The biggest thing they've probably cut out is the fact that the academy actually has male students, but I don't remember them doing anything noteworthy so it's probably for the best.

They cut out Cerberus girl fantasizing about some land engineers too :(

• Locked thread