Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sat down and read the chapters in the manga that the anime skipped, because I hate seeing things out of order, and....what the, Keijo!!!!!!!! is actually really good? It's a smart, silly manga that has excellent friendship arcs, lots of ladies being supportive and helpful (or not, but for very human reasons!) and it's just really enjoyable! I had a great time reading it, and then I watched the first episode and had a good time with the animation, and I am officially on board for watching this show!

I wish there were more sports anime with ladies front and center without being moe, but heck, I'll take butts with my genuinely well-written friendships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Show is fun, I was worried it would be stupid but it manages to be fun, so even if it is stupid on some level I don't have to care.

I like that there was actually "something" to it though, like someone sat down and thought this out carefully and I feel like there's a certain internal consistency to it despite some Dragonball shenanigans happening. The whole training and beach ball wind thing works for me.

Also there is something very similar to the Butt Walk in Judo warm up exercises, they aren't making it up.

Read the manga! There's a whole ton of world-building and thought put into the sport and how to get into the sport. It is wacky shounen extreme sports, but it's good. The anime skips ahead a whole bunch of chapters and leaves out how the heroine decides to go into butts instead of gymnastics.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't normally find sports shows compelling and T&A is typically a demerit for a show if it doesn't further the plot or characters...

But this show is amazing.

:yeah:

Not gonna lie, this is one of the shows I"m most hyped for every week because it's consistently fun and funny.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

boob hypnosis.

just when i think this show can't outdo the rear end hadoken, it gives us wedgie-powered teleportation and boob-powered paralysis

it's incredible

i think i'm going to read the manga. is it like, a full entire season anime's worth of content or is it a bit shorter?

It'd say it's at least one season's worth of content if not more. You get backstory for the heroines, training, and how they actually get to the school. I'm still not sure why they skipped all of it, but whatever, the show's great.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I think that's the first short sports anime show I've ever seen - only twelve eps, and really, really good.

Good job, Keijo!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread