Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm going to watch this show

:yeah:

I'm also curious to see if the show sticks closely to the manga, or is willing to do its own thing.

Either way I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Even though It would have been nice to see the earlier chapters adapted, the anime did a fairly decent job of catching the viewer up to speed, and getting right into the heart of what makes Keijo!!!!!!!! rediculous. I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the next episode.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

It's a trick question. The correct answer is hot sauce.

:yeah:

Pepper is an acceptable answer, too.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
!!!!!!!!

It's actually good. It let's you know how serious Keijo!!!!!!!! really is.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Hexmage-SA posted:

I'm sure there are people who watch Keijo and get all hot and bothered, but for me the appeal is entirely in the fact that it's one of the most brazenly, ridiculously stupid concepts I've ever seen. Within the first few minutes of the second episode there's an action scene where clashing boobs and butts cause a gigantic energy blast, followed shortly by a training montage that includes "butt walks", which literally involves somehow moving around with just your gluteus maximus.

It reads to me more like a parody of fan service; in contrast, the absurdly large-breasted moe character in Occultic;Nine is a genuine attempt at titillation.

I can assure you, Keijo!!!!!!!! is sincere with its fanservice, but it fully embraces it and, more importantly, is actually funny and has great character moments.

unpronounceable posted:

I don't need to count exclamation points when I type Keijo!!!!!!!!!

Ah, the sequel series.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I just discovered this show and I don't know much about it but I think I can safely say that this is the best non-JoJo series of the season.

Not even true, and I like Keijo!!!!!!!! a lot!

You should at least think about checking out March comes in like a Lion, Yuri on Ice, and Poco's Udon World. All three have been excellent so far, and you can find more recommendations in the season thread.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm going to echo what other people here are saying and read the Manga after the Anime finishes. The art is gorgeous, there's tons more character in it, and a lot of the plot (especially the first 30 chapters or so) got skipped.

This isn't knocking the Anime in anyway, I'm just singing praises for the Manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The text says "Hip of Babylon" :goonsay:

But I do like this translation better.

• Locked thread