Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Those shirt designs are rad as hell. What's the point of swimsuits if they don't have english phrases on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
It's only problem is that you have to yell "Keijo!!!!!!!!" in public when talking about the show, otherwise people might confuse it with something with less exclamation marks.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I'd rather talk about how many people count out the exclamation points when typing Keijo!!!!!!!! and making sure the proper eight are there.

C'mon, be honest.

VVVVVV prepared me adequately.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Read the manga! There's a whole ton of world-building and thought put into the sport and how to get into the sport. It is wacky shounen extreme sports, but it's good. The anime skips ahead a whole bunch of chapters and leaves out how the heroine decides to go into butts instead of gymnastics.

It's a shame how the anime neglects the delinquent mom but then again I can say the same about the manga

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGNhLZuD6a8&t=17s

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Jesus, I just read the Kotaku article. The author is so perplexed that there are not only people who manage to feel indifferent about a show, but that everyone doesn't immediately band together, bring out the torches and do everything in their power to keep everyone else from enjoying it.
I like how she has a moment of weakness and admits that the characters actually have depth to them, but her honor code forbids her from liking this with bikinis in them.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
The anime is cutting out a lot of stuff so the pacing feels really off if you've read the manga. The biggest thing they've probably cut out is the fact that the academy actually has male students, but I don't remember them doing anything noteworthy so it's probably for the best.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Engineers, actually. They're the ones making up new types of lands, which will get much crazier by the way.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

unpronounceable posted:

In the manga, we learn how Cerberus works as Nozomi figures it out in the ring on the land, instead of it being exposited by Kawai. It also shows her taking advantage of the fountain land to minimize vibrations. Just details, but without them, the fountain land was pointless, and they better reinforce how creative Nozomi is.

Yeah there's a lot of moments where they change details. I can understand condensing Nozomi's class change fight for the sake of time, but I preferred Aoba getting everyone's data by secretly copping a feel on everyone in the academy instead of giving them a massage.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Xelkelvos posted:

We also missed out on Nozomi's family at the beginning which more emphasizes why she wants to do Keijo and be a champ at it as opposed to being a gymnast.

To be fair it took a long time until the manga has its first Keijo fight, but yeah they cut out some huge chunks like Sayaka's backstory. Anyway the next fight is gonna be rad even though we probably won't see it until the episode after t´he next one.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Oh wow, the East-West War already begins next episode. I thought there'd be at least one episode between that.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Donnerberg posted:

I'm sending Keijo!!!!!!!! highlights to the Olympic Committee in an effort to replace beach volleyball with a real sport.

The 2020 Olympics are in Japan. I have a good feeling about this.

If I can't gamble what's the point

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Do implants qualify as doping?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Aw man, this episode cut out some of the best moments of the Usagi battle, plus her backstory. Here's what you've missed:

I've been waiting for an animated version of the first image since day one. What a letdown.
And yeah in the manga they talk about deaths in Keijo, like one girl drowned because her hair got stuck in the chain of the land.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
ADTRW > Keijo!!!!!!!!: What's she trying to do with that A-cup?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
To be honest Nipple Quickdraw is still my personal peak Keijo!!!!!!!!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Namtab posted:

I w asnt prepared for there to be men in the manga.

Neither was Nozomi.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is Main Character girl supposed to be like Goku in terms of being an all around fighting prodigy?

To answer your question:

The Colonel posted:

looking forward to episode 2 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Tusk Act 4
Stand Owner: Kaminashi Nozomi

• Locked thread