Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

As funny as it is to imagine animators going through several levels of security in giant skyscrapers, I should probably point out that Warner Bros. is apparently a big part of the production committee for Keijo!!!!!!!! and their Japan headquarters is in just that sort of building, so there's at least a kernel of truth to that even if by accident.

I'd imagine Warner Bros. doesn't even care about the subject. They'd just look at the manga sales, demographic numbers and who out of their stable of seiyuu/idols/etc. should be slotted into the project. The most they might see is the cover of a tank and maybe the promo image and otherwise give it a sterile and agnostic treatment to it. The only person in the board room who'd even care about it beyond a financial persepctive would be any secret otaku or people on the direct staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Yeah there's a lot of moments where they change details. I can understand condensing Nozomi's class change fight for the sake of time, but I preferred Aoba getting everyone's data by secretly copping a feel on everyone in the academy instead of giving them a massage.

We also missed out on Nozomi's family at the beginning which more emphasizes why she wants to do Keijo and be a champ at it as opposed to being a gymnast.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'd imagine in an s2 or an ova, probably

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Gate of Bootylon has the advantage for me of being better budget seemingly than Silver Links attempt.

Cards coming literally from up someone's butt is close.

Butt probably it's sticking your face in someone's butt to figure out their strengths and weaknesses.

Is Main Character girl supposed to be like Goku in terms of being an all around fighting prodigy?

Main girl was on track to be an Olympic level gymnast iirc, but decided to do Keijo because there was more money in it. She wants the money partially because she has three siblings and no parents iirc

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Right I understand that's her motivation but why does she consistently hold her own?

Because she's the main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Numero6 posted:

Hahaha, no.
I also love the running gag where Nozomi clearly doesn't care much for the gym guy.

The manga does bring up that guys are also at the Keijo school. It's just that they're all Land engineers and designers. It's a neat setting detail, but not really all that important which is why it was cut from the anime.

Nozomi is probably also slightly in lesbians with Miyata. Unfortunately, Miyata probably ranks third behind money and Keijo.

• Locked thread