Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Have Alex and Morgan had a chance to talk to each other 1 on 1 since the game started? It appears from the 15 minute cast preview that Julie did that they didn't know they were both going into the house together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I can't blame them. I would want to get rid of Jason and his annoying voice too

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
If I want to watch the HoH comp how would I do it?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Veto ceremony just happened live on the feeds. Again it looked rough as hell and not made for TV. Kryssie was the replacement. She's been rubbing everyone the wrong way these last few days, so not a huge surprise.

The Veto comp was the Combo in the house right? I was watching a little of that. I'm hoping that they smooth things as the show goes on. I was listening to RHAP and Rob hit on something that I would really enjoy. Have like Jeff and Jordon or someone like that do a Sportscenter-esque panel where they throw to stuff happening and show us clips instead of trying to guess what to watch.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Hell, even talk to RHAP about some type of official show would be great.

There is a Reality TV Rhappy Hour Podcast that they do. I don't know if it's daily or not.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Now that they've showed a "typical" Big Brother episode I'm really impressed with how much they can fit in a full hour. They did an excellent job catching the dynamics of the week. I'm sold on BB OTT now. It was a rough start but they are starting to find their groove I feel.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The unedited swearing was really O_O for me at first because I'm not used it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What did Scott do that earned the ire of America?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Shane and Danielle nominated.

Wow. I feel like that's a really aggressive move by Alex, but drat I like it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm in agreement. Individually I like all of the "Americas ____" whatever. When you throw them all together though it's too much.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thank God

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Muddy Burphy posted:

I think Kryssie's "reading the rulebook to try to get Scott in trouble" tactic will get her fast-tracked out of the house.

Can you elaborate on this more?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What is the care package this week?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Alex got the Care Package this week.

There is a God and he is good

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I feel bad for Alex for having to do this, but I'm happy Kryssie can't nom or backdoor her.

EDIT: What happened to Neely to make her drop in the Jokers ratings?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 22, 2016

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Muddy Burphy posted:

I hope Jason goes home this week.

Maybe I'm missing something here, why would Jason go home?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Goddamn America put up Scott. WTF! Why not put up Kryssie! You are shooting yourselves in the foot America!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Danielle used the veto on Whitney and put up Morgan.

Shelbys only chance of staying is to nullify the votes of her alliance. What a world we live in

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Fast Luck posted:

Nah because Scott is still an option

I think Shelby is probably the more appealing target. By voting Shelby, Alex will keep 2 really close allies in the game. It will also keep the Ballsmashers at least strong"ish". This eviction is going to be really fun. I can't wait!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

And Jason won veto. Well, that's basically a wrap for the BS side of the house. They had to win here to have any chance countering America's votes.

Thats a huge bummer.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My question is why wouldn't Shelby make a deal with Danielle to use veto on her to backdoor Justin.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
From what I've learned in the last 30 minutes or so apparently Shelby and Morgan made a Final 4 deal with Kryssie and Justin so I can understand more why she wouldn't want to backdoor Justin.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's so hosed. I feel so bad for Shelby. Her game has been amazing and she's really turned it on down the stretch. She's getting hosed by stupid twists.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Overall, an okay season full of some completely lazy gameplay and bad personalities. On the flip side, there were some good gameplayers and personalities which got a bit drowned out by America's constant meddling. There is a strong skeleton there for stuff to bring back for season 2, but it would be nice to drop/adjust how some of the other fan voting works.
  • Make the Day 1 entry like an actual Big Brother intro. Give them a studio audience, which is at least filled with their family members or something.
  • No more America's nominee, unless it's tied to the Safety Ceremony. ex: HOH can make one person safe from America's nominee and they also have to make one of their nominations each Saturday/Sunday.
  • Care Packages should have some actual variety. Like four of the packages this season were basically the same thing, Safety in some form for the winner.
  • No more returnees, please. The fact Jason didn't win will probably be something BB will point to and go "Look, they aren't assured to win!" So who knows if they'll ever learn their lesson.

I agree with you. I think that doing something like "Americas Safety Ceremony (where 1 person gets to be safe)" would be great. I even liked Americas Vote, but Americas Nom was just way too powerful and really caused the game to be weird. I mean The Ballsmashers won more HOHs but had more people go home because there was always someone from their side on the block. Shelby should've won this year but was hosed over by a lovely twist. I really REALLY liked how the curtain was pulled back on OTT and I hope they do it for BB Proper. I don't want to see Jeff Fish again for BB20

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Would something like "winner of OTT gets automatically added to the BB20 cast" have been a good reward in addition to the money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Propaganda Machine posted:

not really, that presumes they live another two years in this ever-uncertain world.

An automatic shot on 19 would have been pretty drat good, though.

BB19 is what I meant. For some reason I thought last season was BB19 instead of BB18

• Locked thread