Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
they could just call for help on their smart phones

Mary-Ann would be a feminist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

Mary Ann would be on an island.

loquacius

no signal on desert islands though :(

In one episode the Professor builds a homebrew Linux box out of coconuts and palm fronds and uses it to host the island's only website

you can connect to it using the smartphones he built out of banana peels and tall grass

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Skipper marries his twink Gilligan and they are accepted by the other castaways.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD

what sort of designer drug do you think ginger would be drying out from

ChickenWyngz

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Everyone develops mental issues due to lack of technology/Internet, followed by rape/suicide.
Before this the professor is exposed as a fraud, being an idiot who simply used Google to appear smart.

Cephalocidal

First half of the first episode is everyone loving around on their phones, then their phones die and the professor builds a solar cell to charge them but it can only charge one at a time so there are arguments over who gets to use the charger first and the charger gets broken. The recurring theme is getting their phones working so they can call for help or play Candy Crush or whatever every episode, and it never works, and no one bothers to try and make a raft or whatever even though there's another island visible on the horizon. Gilligan gets hungry and uses his phone to smash open a coconut but smashes his phone instead and starts freaking out but eventually wakes up and realizes it was all a bad dream and he still hasn't eaten in two weeks, then he plays fruit ninja while his kidneys fail.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
gilligan: "wait.. i think i do recognize you"

ginger: "heh, no probably not i'm not really famous"

gilligan: "yeah i do! you're the girl that Peyton Manning pees on in that sex tape!"

loquacius

I never actually watched Gilligan's Island, the three plot elements I've absorbed through osmosis are

a) the skipper acts paternal toward gilligan
b) there is some kind of love triangle between Gilligan, Mary Ann, and the Movie Star, because they are the only three young people present. Not sure of this one, that might just be Internet culture reading into things???
c) whenever a plot element calls for some modern convenience they wouldn't have on the island they're just like "whatever, the loving professor builds it out of whatever is lying around. loving coconuts and poo poo. he builds one offscreen in like twenty minutes and it's not even a big deal for him."

social vegan

whoever gets the fewest likes is voted off the island each week

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
They already did this. It was called Lost and it was the greatest show to ever air on television.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cephalocidal

During a brief period of satellite signal thurston howell is discovered while attempting to google "legal cannibalism" and is shunned by his wife for the rest of the episode.

loquacius

Come to think of it, how was it that the professor could build himself a working refrigerator and stuff but he couldn't build a raft

loving Tom Hanks in Cast Away could build a raft

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

misty mountaintop posted:

They already did this. It was called Lost and it was the greatest show to ever air on television.

i could not agree more with this statement

:lost:

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Cephalocidal posted:

During a brief period of satellite signal thurston howell is discovered while attempting to google "legal cannibalism" and is shunned by his wife for the rest of the episode.

----------------

Sophy Wackles

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The Gilligan's Island crew was just too stupid to solve any of the island's mysteries.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Pawn 17 posted:

The Gilligan's Island crew was just too stupid to solve any of the island's mysteries.

*smoke monster walks out of the jungle and drops a dharma initiative handbook on the ground in front of gilligan and the skipper*

the skipper: "look at this little buddy!"

*smoke monster stands silently and watches, a hopeful polar bear peers through the brush behind him*

gilligan: "hey thats awesome! just the kindling we need to start this fire!"

*polar bear groans and walks away, smoke monster begins to cry*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD

i just realized only mary ann is still alive

drat dog

Dean of Swing
Gilligan.

Millenials.

Gilliganiels.

----------------

A LOVELY LAD

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

It will all have been set up by bear grylls

MiracleWhale

everyone remarks on how healthy and invigorated they feel now that circumstances have forced them to adopt the paleo diet

social vegan

yung gilligan drinking lean out of a coconut

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Dangit I was gonna say "they'd go back to the island"

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

i could not agree more with this statement

:agreed:

byob is probably not the place but I still want to talk about lost

I have friends who keep saying they'll get around to watching it . . . someday . . .

:smith:

ty nesamdoom!

Boomzilla

Man ain't no one want to watch that poo poo

Fredflonston

They could use the plastic trash washed up on the shore of the island to make impromptu condoms should the need arise.

MiracleWhale

in the closed environment of an island, is it really possible to give affirmative consent?

Fredflonston

concent takes a back seat to the need to have caretakers for the aging crew. What happens when the good Skipper falls victim to oldtimers' and he keeps getting Gilligans name wrong. Someone's gotta step up.

MiracleWhale

is it possible to fashion a cocktail of drugs suitable for merciful euthanasia out of coconuts, professor?

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.
They would be the crew and passengers of mh370

GRILLARY CLINTON

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
gilligan would def. vape

JediTalentAgent
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

they could just call for help on their smart phones

Mary-Ann would be a feminist

I say nay.

Mary-Anne would be a fairly conservative farm girl who was also pretty aggressive and take charge who ends up on the boat because she thinks she can get drunk out on the open sea and that sounds fun. Cannot stop thinking about Gilligan.

Ginger would be a world-famous blogger/game designer with the handle "61n61r" who was on the boat tour as research for a game she's working on.

The Professor is a disgraced engineering instructor who was fired from his school for an inappropriate relationship with a female TA. Incredibly cold to the girls, but occasionally finds himself unwittingly drawn into Gilligan's plots.

The Howells had planned to fake their deaths to escape an impending FTC trial and hide away overseas with a vast fortune in hidden assets. Now believed dead by the world, they await their rescue so they can once again vanish.

Skipper bought the Minnow and became its Captain as part of a mid-life crisis and to get out of the shadow of his successful Naval family members who have served the US Armed Forces for the last 100 years. In reality, he knows nothing of being a sailor except how to turn the key and steer the boat.

Gilligan is a madman who deliberately antagonizes the rest of the castaways under the guise of a helpful idiot. He will occasionally be found worshiping a some sort of monolith hidden in the jungle, occasionally bringing it an unknown 'offering' which will have vanished by the next time he returns. He'll also shun strange shells painted with unknown icons that wash up in the lagoon, and try to persuade the others to desecrate them in a ritualistic way while avoiding contact with them.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

I have friends who keep saying they'll get around to watching it . . . someday . . .

:smith:

There are 121 episodes at an hour each, i feel like if people didn't watch it then they will never watch it now. For me it was appointment television and had the best finale of any show i've watched but it definitely seems to be a love or hate kind of show

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD

thurston would be a post-90s dotcom millionaire

he would also probably vape

https://i.imgur.com/8cIhFxN.mp4

Sig by Literally A Person

Cephalocidal

hth posted:

thurston would be a post-90s dotcom millionaire

he would also probably vape

Question is whether he's from one of those white flight exurbs or a gated community that got swallowed by the inner city but somehow kept its walls up. The second one is more evocative of the "old money" Howell, but the first one lets his wife be the head of the local HOA which is way funnier and has more potential plot hooks.

Manifisto

the professor would have a catchphrase that sounds similar to, but legally distinct from, "bazinga!"

ty nesamdoom!

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Manifisto posted:

the professor would have a catchphrase that sounds similar to, but legally distinct from, "bazinga!"

Benghazi?

Cephalocidal

Manifisto posted:

Following a fierce tropical storm a shipping crate is found washed up on the shore and suspected to contain food or other necessary supplies. After nearly a full episode is spent trying to get it open before a second storm pushes it back out into the water it is discovered to contain hundreds of novelty hats and dated pop/geek culture t-shirts. Everyone hates the professor's new wardrobe.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

They would all be feminists, because feminism is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The final episode involves them finding a time machine that will let them go back in time and undo the events that got them trapped on the island. They discover at the same time that Ginger and Mary-Anne are both pregnant.

Gilligan returns to the island, not sure why it didn't work, and two strangers arrive to explain it: Everything he did to try to discretely change the timeline only resulted in creating the events that trapped them there in the first place. In another 25 years, the time machine will be recharged enough for them to use it and finally escape the island.

The two strangers then vanish. They return to the future, where the fresh, older corpses of the other castaways lay dead at a going away banquet, poisoned.

"Don't feel bad about what we had to do. They knew where they went wrong last time and we couldn't let them change history, to uncreate us..."
"I love you Gillian..."
"I love you too, Skippy..."

• Locked thread