Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Handsome?
Tom Brady
Jimmy G
Brock Osweiler
Jacoby Brissett
Tom Savage
View Results

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Barudak posted:

I feel like if I were an owner the only quality I would look for in a GM/Coach is "Has not been a Belichick man at any point" because my god is his geas strong.

Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, Bill O'Brien... has there been anyone who's actually succeeded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean, that game was 2 awful kickoff fumbles and an interception vs no turnovers, but still, Texans have to be just pissed with how they played tonight.

I think a lot of the blame has to go to TNF road team flukiness, but their offense is in serious trouble, and their defensive line just got run over by the Patriots oline which is probably not that dominant.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This BOB postgame presser will be electric.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

nooneofconsequence posted:

I get this reference.

Good man.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
lol Jacoby Brisett looking around like "does somebody wanna talk to me? anybody?"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

I feel like if I were an owner the only quality I would look for in a GM/Coach is "Has not been a Belichick man at any point" because my god is his geas strong.

I was going to say based on Saban and BOB they do ok in college. Then I remembered Charlie Weis. Who managed to make Kansas historically bad for them, which is like taking over the Browns right now and making them a whole hell of a lot worse.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Patriots played a super conservative 12-9 shitfest game plan, and the Texans made it 27-0 instead.

:master:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brannock posted:

Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, Bill O'Brien... has there been anyone who's actually succeeded?

He even cursed the Browns by leaving. I'd probably start avoiding even just people who met him.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I know the results of this game are entirely due to both Belichick's rampant cheating and his multiple pacts with Satan, but it is actually still pretty impressive anyway.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Kalli posted:

I mean, that game was 2 awful kickoff fumbles and an interception vs no turnovers, but still, Texans have to be just pissed with how they played tonight.

I think a lot of the blame has to go to TNF road team flukiness, but their offense is in serious trouble, and their defensive line just got run over by the Patriots oline which is probably not that dominant.

The Texans barely beat two medicore to bad teams and when they went up against a good team they got exposed for all their weaknesses.

literally not surprised this result happened. They're the most aggressively mediocre team I can think of.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the patriots without brady are not a particularly good team, actually

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Also holy poo poo, the patriots punter is basically Orin Incandenza
hahahaha

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

Texans just Real Dumb.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

sean10mm posted:

Hiring Belichick assistants LOL

There is a 0% chance that McDaniels isn't hired to be a head coach after the season.

Its when someone signs Patricia to a 7 year contract for 25 million that the NFL will finally hit the Old Yeller "he is my dog" speech.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Judging by the confusion on everyone's faces, I think the Texans were just utterly, completely, pig-stinking, shitfaced during this game. Cause what the loving :lol: just happened.

Patriots for eternal AFC champs, just abolish every other team in the division cause it don't loving matter.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Brannock posted:

Take a look at the Houston coaching staff graphic they showed before the game.

I don't want to spoil this for you

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Ghost Dog posted:

Probably the worst 3 and 0 team :v:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Brady backups vs Belichick assistants: which are the deadlier football viruses?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hunterhr posted:

Probably the worst 3 and 0 team :v:

simultaneously the best

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well that was fun, let's do this again sometime.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also I really want that gif of the play in the 4th where osweiler missed everyone with a short throw and two patriots were just kinda standing there shrugging.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Genocide Tendency posted:

Take a look at the Houston coaching staff graphic they showed before the game.

I don't want to spoil this for you

I can't find it, what was it?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
That sure was a National Football League contest.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Brannock posted:

I wonder what Belichick would wear if it wasn't mandatory that the coaches wear Nike gear on the sidelines (apparently the hobo look is his protest against this)

Same thing. Except not branded. And dirtier.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It still kills me that Belichick is the last person to win a playoff game with the Browns.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

I missed it too, but the HC/OC/DC all were once on the Pats at least. Not sure if there are more beyond those.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LordPants posted:

It still kills me that Belichick is the last person to win a playoff game with the Browns.

Well, if Lebron can return to Cleveland...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bill O'Brien is dumb, Brock sucks and JJ Watt is overrated now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brannock posted:

I don't know what it is but I think these were all the ex-Patriots coaches/players

Coaches:
DC: Romeo Crennel - DC Patriots 2000-2004.
OC: George Godsey - QB Coach 2011-2013
ST: Larry Izzo - Patriots ST player 2001-2008
LB: Mike Vrabel - Patriots LB 2001-2008

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Kalli posted:

I don't know what it is but I think these were all the ex-Patriots coaches/players

Coaches:
DC: Romeo Crennel - DC Patriots 2000-2004.
OC: George Godsey - QB Coach 2011-2013
ST: Larry Izzo - Patriots ST player 2001-2008

And Bill O'Brien was a Patriots offensive coordinator.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Petey posted:

wait, actually, i like this one

put it right in patriot place next to the TB12 performance clinic

if they had it there already the Texans could save a lot on airfare going home

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kalli posted:

The name of Mike Vrabel should never be spoken without including the note that he is the NFL's most efficient receiver of all time.

He has 10 career receptions, all for TDs including two in Super Bowls, with fewer than 20 total yards.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also he is smart enough to turn down a DC role with the 49rs, right? :haw:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Pats will win by 35

i was close

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kalli posted:

the pats still win in a shutout without the turnovers tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Genocide Tendency posted:

There is a 0% chance that McDaniels isn't hired to be a head coach after the season.

Its when someone signs Patricia to a 7 year contract for 25 million that the NFL will finally hit the Old Yeller "he is my dog" speech.

But the future refused to change.... As a Broncos fan, I will :lol: so hard if any team ever give McDaniels a head coaching job in the future. I mean, all of the other Belichick disciples, they at least went to a team that needed a major transformation to be good. McDaniels was literally handed over a team full of stars and completely dismantled it in like a 2 year period

• Locked thread