Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Handsome?
Tom Brady
Jimmy G
Brock Osweiler
Jacoby Brissett
Tom Savage
View Results

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The New England Patriots (DVOA -15.7%, #23) host the Houston Texans (DVOA -15.8%, #25)

Our exciting QB matchup

Jacoby Brisket

vs Brock Lobster

There was a chance this could be a compelling game with the Texans top notch defense going against the Patriots perpetual eliteness, then the Brady thing happened, then the Jimmy G thing happened, and now it looks like a huge mismatch... or would if Brock hadn't been shaky to this point, if the Texans offensive line weren't a mess, and if the Texans weren't the Texans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Tom Brady got 4 games for playing with his balls, but not one player has even been fined for disrespecting America

disgraceful

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
#PrayForShoulder

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Texans will win and will win easily. 28-9 is the final score. Belichick and Brady must be stopped before they poison the NFL any more than they already have. Ideally, both are excommunicated and tried for crimes against the sport!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I petition Jacoby be renamed Beef

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I hope I get to watch this game live with all of you instead of recorded with a bunch of people I hate.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I want Brissett and Edelman to get equal snaps.

Who's the next man in line if Edelman gets knocked out?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Parmesan Basil posted:

Texans will win and will win easily. 28-9 is the final score. Belichick and Brady must be stopped before they poison the NFL any more than they already have. Ideally, both are excommunicated and tried for crimes against the sport!

Lucky for you that tired gimmicks don't get excommunicated from TFF!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Just read that Garoppolo is gonna put on the uniform as Brissett's backup. I think I would rather have Edelman throwing the ball than Grop with his janky shoulder, but that's just me

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Just read that Garoppolo is gonna put on the uniform as Brissett's backup. I think I would rather have Edelman throwing the ball than Grop with his janky shoulder, but that's just me

Latest report now is that he won't.

:iiam:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Here's how it's gonna go down: Texans gonna jump out to an early lead, maybe 10 or 14 points. Pats gonna come down and get within 7, and by the 4th quarter everyone's gonna say "Is it time to count out Backup Brissett?" Then he's gonna run the 2-minute drill and send the game into OT, where Stephen Gostkowski is probably going to shank a field goal and lose the game

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Emergency QB shootout incoming.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Latest report now is that he won't.

:iiam:

If you list a player as questionable or doubtful or maybe or whatever other than IN or OUT they should have a D20 range assigned to each status and they roll to see if you are in or out

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

FIRST TIME posted:

Emergency QB shootout incoming.

Closer to this IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I am firm in my belief of that being a very entertaining game. :colbert:

(I had a pint of vodka before heading down to the bar and drinking a pitcher to myself while watching that game :ssh:)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I want Brissett and Edelman to get equal snaps.

Who's the next man in line if Edelman gets knocked out?

I have a feeling the Bulls on Parade will help us find out.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think it's possible for the patriots to win maybe. Maybe even likely?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Just warning you all in advance that if the Patriots win, I am going to be laughing my rear end off in and around this thread.

And also I should get my name changed for free to something commemorative of Brissett

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
If Brisset throws the winning TD can we get that Pats radio commentator to shout, WHERES THE BRISKET

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Just warning you all in advance that if the Patriots win, I am going to be laughing my rear end off in and around this thread.

And also I should get my name changed for free to something commemorative of Brissett

The Patriots would be favorites even without anyone they could pretend to call a quarterback on their roster. I don't know why winning a home game where you're favored is a cause for hysterics.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

cheesetriangles posted:

I think it's possible for the patriots to win maybe. Maybe even likely?

Never bet against Bill Belichick

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

can't wait for another dumb team to hand the pats a victory

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

can't wait for another dumb team to hand the pats a victory

:yeah:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hey, where's the Brandon Weeden, Colts-slayer option?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Parmesan Basil posted:

Only a true ravens fan could hate the pats with such fervor :)

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dear the New England Patriots,
Please win this game and suffer zero injuries.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i will never forget this game. It never ended.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/779094052679495680

seriously, why bet against new england

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Go pats..

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Go tie

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Pats will win by 35

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Badfinger posted:

I don't know why winning a home game where you're favored is a cause for hysterics.

because gently caress you we're #1

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Only way we win this is off turnovers.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

sean10mm posted:

Lucky for you that tired gimmicks don't get excommunicated from TFF!

Bill Belichick and Tom Brady should be arrested for fraud.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
How much does Wilfork weigh

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If you are rooting against Brissett you're definitely racist.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the patriots are gonna stumble backwards into a win and its going to be very sad

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you are rooting against Brissett you're definitely racist.

You've caught me. gently caress the white gymrats that populate the Patriots and most of their scum fans too. JJ Watt is the only honkey on the field who I'm down with, and even then it's only because he's hitting P*tr**ts.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I may be the only one but I really like the Patriots color rush uniforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ghost Dog posted:

the patriots are gonna stumble backwards into a win and its going to be very sad

This is the truth.

Forever_Abed posted:

darkesttimeline

• Locked thread