Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best mod
This poll is closed.
Zorak 77 32.63%
Beef Waifu/Baal 33 13.98%
Bad Seafood/The Mod 70 29.66%
Matoi Ryuko 21 8.90%
Namtab 35 14.83%
Total: 236 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

The IK symbol is the Gurren-dan logo but it's hard to see

this is my real issue with his modding to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad Bad Seafood's approval ratings are up, I'd follow him to hell and back I would.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I voted for anime sandwiches to be delivered to everyone in the forum...does that count?

bribes are illegal

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I named myself matoi ryuko so that I'd never have to answer the question "who's the girl you've got as an avatar?"

how's that working out for you?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i meant more like, do people actually realise you changed your name to fit your avatar or are they still asking?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

what's with the kajillions of things in your sig, of which i only recognize the second ryuko and flowey

can't believe you don't recognise famous anime character Sailor Moon

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

it's important i talk about how much i hate anime any time it even tangentially comes up or people will think i might like anime and that would be devastating to me as a person

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

except for that aforementioned time he let his pedophile buddy keep posting VNs about wanting to gently caress preteen girls because he was gay and therefore doing so was extremely cool and good

Really though there's also the fact Zorak basically just poisoned the well by making GBS threads on every show or genre he wasn't into and setting the discourse to be overly negative. You either like what precious few shows Zorak was into or you watched shows ironically or hatewatched them. I think there were even cases where people got probated for committing the crime of publicly liking a show Zorak disliked?

There's a notable shift in tone after Zorak quit and Baal and Bad Seafood started modding where people start watching Japanese cartoons because they like doing so and talking about how they enjoy watching shows more than how they hate it and that anime is ruined forever and hell, I prefer the new ADTRW where liking things is good and not bad.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

For all the other things you could say about him, Zorak was right about the chat thread

debatable

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

feel free to share why you think the chat thread is bad instead of just leaving it vague and nebulous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Jose posted:

you all apparnetly don't like baki. a heinous crime to be sure

you got me there

Srice posted:

I remember he said that it would get clique-y and cited that as the reason why he didn't want one

Unavoidable with a lot of chat threads of course, comes with the territory for better or worse.

I kinda get that. I mean, I thought that myself before posting in it, but then I also just started posting in it so I feel it's pretty accepting instead of just keeping the out-group out.

• Locked thread