Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Texans will probably still win the AFCS, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Daltos pointed out in the Discord that Osweiler drops his right hand every time he's about to snap the ball on a pass and drops his hips every time he snaps on a run play. Which is like, holy poo poo, how do you signal the snap count and type of play to your opponent like that as a starting QB?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sorry Bill and the Patriots exposed your team as everything you secretly knew them to be

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

texans fan reaction to game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd1t0uT0R7Q&t=12s

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This is the Texans squad that Andy Reid finally gave up his undefeated record to :negative:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Daltos pointed out in the Discord that Osweiler drops his right hand every time he's about to snap the ball on a pass and drops his hips every time he snaps on a run play. Which is like, holy poo poo, how do you signal the snap count and type of play to your opponent like that as a starting QB?

Because he's not good and Houston paid a hilarious amount of money for him

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:bravo:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

The Texans are an utter embarrassment. Shame!

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

sirtommygunn posted:

I feel like this is more on the coaching staff for not realizing and fixing this

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Wanna see Belichick berate some scalpers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The special teams play for that game was insane.

Two kickoff fumbles lost, 6(?) punts downed inside the 20.... just murdered there.,

Brissett was a 3rd string rookie QB. He was pretty lousy, but somehow the Texans kept letting him get open and pick up first downs running or with easy as hell passes.

Run blocking was impressive. I figured the Texans would dominate the trenches, but they were pushed around by the patriots offensive line and Bennett&Gronk. Not for a huge amount, really just 60 yards for Blount while the game was competitive, but still a few drives marched down the field that I did not expect.

Defense played lights out. Osweiler looked bad, receivers were dropping passes when he was on target... just not their night at all.

All in all, Thursday night road teams tend to play like poo poo, this was an extreme of that, but I think they're more the team that played the Chiefs close and beat up the Bears then this one tonight. They're probably a moderate favorite to win the AFC South still, though Osweiler has been straight lousy through 3 games, so that's not looking great.

E:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The real highlight of the game was the double DPI endzone experience culminating in the Refs just giving the gently caress up and calling it a touchdown so that could stop standing there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm glad the Broncos didn't cave in to Barf Fartweiler. Probate me for the Rivals pun bitch #PrayForSiemian

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

We would have been a better team the last 2 years with Fitzy.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I am glad I missed this game entirely

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I was going to do a church thing tonight but I got really sick so i stayed home and watched the game

Double whammy =(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also the Texans ran a hella lot of give up plays on drives when playing against a bad rookie QB where being aggressive is fine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TubeStank posted:

I am glad I missed this game entirely

That's like saying you're glad you missed the recital your kid did where they were ok but some other kid got on stage, pointed at his parents, and just started saying gently caress over and over again until he got dragged off stage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Barudak posted:

That's like saying you're glad you missed the recital your kid did where they were ok but some other kid got on stage, pointed at his parents, and just started saying gently caress over and over again until he got dragged off stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpuRC-IV7dY

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Ryan Allen is awesome.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Texans made so many weird choices on 3rd down in this game and never even tried stretching the field while the game was still competitive. Meanwhile their defense apparently forgot how to tackle.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

kalensc posted:

Ehud should just call in sick tomorrow

Honestly.. Im considering hopping on 95 south bound to make sure he isn't hanging from the shower curtain rod.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Out of curiosity will this toxx be fulfilled if the pats win next week

Parmesan Basil posted:

Forums User 4 Ring Shrimp and I will enter a Mexican Standoff :toxx: with regards to the first four regular season games for the New England Patriots. Since Tom Brady is banned from playing due to his cheating, the bet will be thus: If the New England Patriots remain undefeated during that Brady-less stretch, then I will accept a ban. If the are winless during this period, then 4 Ring Shrimp will accept a ban.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol the Texans are poo poo.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Please come home JJ. Houston can't hurt you anymore if you come to Green Bay.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This is all going perfectly to plan so that the Patriots hubris next week leads to a Bills streak and 14-2 season where somehow they play the Pats in the Super Bowl and instead of a post game handshake Rex Ryan and Bellichek beat each other to a bloody pulp.

Or another Pats Super Bowl, whatever.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Pretend that I'm putting Crying Jordan on a Texans related image

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Enforce the Toxx, and change the andey thread back to being positive about my good boy

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

Tzen posted:

lol the Texans are poo poo.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Malloreon posted:

Did JJ watt/Clowney have an off night or did the Patriots O-line actually stop them?!

Brissett was rarely in the pocket long enough to get sacked. They did a lot of handoffs, end-arounds, rollouts, etc.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

midwat posted:

Brissett was rarely in the pocket long enough to get sacked. They did a lot of handoffs, end-arounds, rollouts, etc.

'Take away their biggest strength.'

I love it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Metapod posted:

Out of curiosity will this toxx be fulfilled if the pats win next week

:lol: like toxxes get enforced in tff

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Snarling in frustration, McDaniels slammed shut his Book. The Dark One would be angered, but he no longer cared.

"Now is not the time to neglect your studies, student."

The eyes were on him, His malevolent gaze burning into his back.

"There's no hope for us. Not now. Not with this."

Naked silence stretched between them, drawing out sharp as a blade. McDaniels waited, keenly aware of the sound of his own breath, his neglected Book still shut in front of him. The Dark One said nothing, and McDaniels waited for the reprimand he knew would come.

"Open your book."

His fingers lingered on the cover for a moment before he slumped in his seat.

"It's no use. We'll have to throw out the Book now."

"Untrue, my student. The Book will guide us. The Book is all."

Wheeling his chair to face the Dark One, McDaniels met His gaze. The evil eyes glittered in the pale starlight, and McDaniels was afraid.

"It can't be done," he said. "We can't throw screens every play. What would you have us do? Run the option?"

"The option? Yes...we'll have a touchdown on an option play."

"And Watt?"

The Dark One gave a muffled snort.

"Leave him to Me. He is of no consequence. You will run the option and we will score a touchdown. We will also run Blount."

McDaniels shook his head. "We can't game this like we did Miami. Blount won't be able to gain yards in this game."

"You dare to doubt Me?"

The Dark One stepped forward, his eyes glittering with evil intelligence, burning with forbidden desires. McDaniels understood then.

"You like this. You want to do it without Tom. Without Jimmy. You want it all for yourself."

The Dark One's mouth twisted into a wry smile, or perhaps it was a sneer.

"You think My success is built on the backs of the players? Have you learned nothing in twelve years? The stars are right, Joshua. It is My time."

McDaniels shrunk back in his seat as fear gripped his heart.

"This is wrong," he said. "These things should not be."

The Dark One smiled.

"And yet they are. All things now will service me, Joshua. And none can escape."

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Gameko posted:

Snarling in frustration, McDaniels slammed shut his Book. The Dark One would be angered, but he no longer cared.

"Now is not the time to neglect your studies, student."

The eyes were on him, His malevolent gaze burning into his back.

"There's no hope for us. Not now. Not with this."

Naked silence stretched between them, drawing out sharp as a blade. McDaniels waited, keenly aware of the sound of his own breath, his neglected Book still shut in front of him. The Dark One said nothing, and McDaniels waited for the reprimand he knew would come.

"Open your book."

His fingers lingered on the cover for a moment before he slumped in his seat.

"It's no use. We'll have to throw out the Book now."

"Untrue, my student. The Book will guide us. The Book is all."

Wheeling his chair to face the Dark One, McDaniels met His gaze. The evil eyes glittered in the pale starlight, and McDaniels was afraid.

"It can't be done," he said. "We can't throw screens every play. What would you have us do? Run the option?"

"The option? Yes...we'll have a touchdown on an option play."

"And Watt?"

The Dark One gave a muffled snort.

"Leave him to Me. He is of no consequence. You will run the option and we will score a touchdown. We will also run Blount."

McDaniels shook his head. "We can't game this like we did Miami. Blount won't be able to gain yards in this game."

"You dare to doubt Me?"

The Dark One stepped forward, his eyes glittering with evil intelligence, burning with forbidden desires. McDaniels understood then.

"You like this. You want to do it without Tom. Without Jimmy. You want it all for yourself."

The Dark One's mouth twisted into a wry smile, or perhaps it was a sneer.

"You think My success is built on the backs of the players? Have you learned nothing in twelve years? The stars are right, Joshua. It is My time."

McDaniels shrunk back in his seat as fear gripped his heart.

"This is wrong," he said. "These things should not be."

The Dark One smiled.

"And yet they are. All things now will service me, Joshua. And none can escape."

Sorry but Bill Belichick does not express that much emotion.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Patriots : NFL :: cops : black people

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Osweiler is really slow at his progressions. It's a thing that's common to big armed QBs with little in-game experience, but seriously the Pats just straight up fooled him on a few throws, like that pick he threw right to Jamie Collins. Houston basically played like they were timid and scared of the Patriots, which is like how every stupid team has played them since what, 2003?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JJ Watt must have gotten lost in his mansion in the woods.

• Locked thread