Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No disrespect to The Godfather Part II, because it's a great movie, but the original one was better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBpHO1gZgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efMQRfmrlA0

Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Parts of Godfather 2 are better than the original. The scene where Michael drives to Hyman Roth's house in Miami is amazingly tense and ominous even though, obviously, nothing is gonna happen. Everything that happens in Cuba is amazing, and the "YOU BROKE MY HEART" scene is probably the best moment in the franchise.

But as a whole it isn't better than the original. The problem is that the fact it's two separate but closely-linked movies sandwiched together. But I will say that if it had been entirely the De Niro's segments it would be clearly the better of the two.

Maybe I'm just prejudiced because my favorite characters, Brando's Vito and Clemenza, were only in the original (and I agree with Clemenza's actor that the original plan of making Clemenza the character who goes to the Feds would've made no sense for the character).

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 23, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zVxTeflon posted:

Frank Pentangeli is the best godfather character therefor GF2 > GF1

Gf3 is not underrated at all its just hot garbage all around.

Clemenza is totally better than Pentangeli.

• Locked thread