Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
They're both quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I prefer "how's the food in this Italian restaurant" and Sonny's fake punches to almost anything in Godfather 2, despite the fact that the second is a better movie in every way.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Artsygrrl posted:

How different would the third movie have been had they gotten Winona Ryder as intended? Would it have been any better? I always wondered that.

Considering that Sofia Coppola is a horrendous actress there's no way it could have been worse.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

weekly font posted:

Winona doesnt save that movie though. Coppola gets too much blame for being the most obvious had part of a massively bad film.

Yeah, George Hamilton for example, is a way bigger problem with the film.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

This may be a stupid observation, and I haven't seen Part 2 in years, but I always thought the live sex show in Cuba was odd, with the guy they called "Superman." Would such wealthy and prominent people have gone to something like that back then, in that setting?

EDIT: Apparently that was all real, and that's exactly what rich folks did:
http://www.villagevoice.com/arts/a-colorful-look-back-at-pre-castro-cuba-7133219

I also always wondered about how the Don knew it was Barzini all along.

Live sex shows were a part of the fabric of orientalist pulp fiction going all the way back to travelogue literature. It's like a full quarter of Mondo Cane.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Mondo Cane is not actually that good compared to a fair amount of Mondo movies, but obviously extremely important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even if that were the case, the two movies stapled together are two excellent movies excellently edited together.

• Locked thread