Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I've started to realize that one of the problems with Godfather III is that too many of the actors in it grew up with The Godfather and let that inform their performances. They act like they think people in a Godfather movie should act, rather than just acting like gangsters in 1979 New York. I guess that raises the question of whether the Godfather movies exist in the Godfather universe?

I'm going to echo a lot of the thread when I say that Godfather II has a lot of great scenes but it feels like a supplement to the first. The rise of Vito Corleone is great stuff, but it wouldn't work without intercutting Michael's story. That said, while there are great performances in it, the actual details of Michael's story are so banal that it's harder to get worked up over. Trying to tie the whole thing into the American involvement in Cuba and the revolution feels a bit forced, and at the end of the day the movie starts to drag when we get into the details of what the Corleones are trying to do.

That being said, I'm forever grateful it gave us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsXyG1R2MhQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread