Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Our hosts are
Sweet like Sheridan
Garrulous like Mr. Garibaldi
Learned like Londo
Just like G'kar
:goku:
View Results

• Locked thread
Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATECUBE

excellent shot good show

sluggo is mad

i get really excited by checkbox polls and always check them all
i get equally enraged by the other type of poll where i can only check one

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

sluggo is mad posted:

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

sluggo is mad posted:

:same:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD

sluggo is mad posted:

same except goku

City of Glompton

I voted Goku because Sid drew those pants while I was but a wee lurker in GBS and it is a little part of GBS that will never leave me.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
hey buds, everyone keeps yelling at me for being a racist because i posted in gbs. it's true, i was a gbs reg, but there were def a lot of threads i didn't read. i never read the mountain climbing thread that got everyone all upset. i never read the Chinese thread (were ppl makin fun of the Chinese? is that what that thread was about?) i read a thread about the ghostbusters movie but i specifically remember everyone agreeing that the milo twitter man was a total jerk for being racist to leslie jones and no one was being like, ironically racist in that thread. i tended to avoid "mock" threads because i didn't want to be mean, and a lot of megathreads intimidated me with their meganess. i didn't know much about the doobie hotdog guy. i still don't know who ulililolio is. mostly i remember silly catchphrase stuff and people making fun of the news and threads about movies and comics and stuff, and sucking drat balls and fuckmen dicks.

Basically my question is this: was everyone else just overreacting and gbs wasn't really that bad? or was gbs actually that bad, and I was just so bad at gbs that I never even realized how bad it was?

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Gatekeeper posted:

hey buds, everyone keeps yelling at me for being a racist because i posted in gbs. it's true, i was a gbs reg, but there were def a lot of threads i didn't read. i never read the mountain climbing thread that got everyone all upset. i never read the Chinese thread (were ppl makin fun of the Chinese? is that what that thread was about?) i read a thread about the ghostbusters movie but i specifically remember everyone agreeing that the milo twitter man was a total jerk for being racist to leslie jones and no one was being like, ironically racist in that thread. i tended to avoid "mock" threads because i didn't want to be mean, and a lot of megathreads intimidated me with their meganess. i didn't know much about the doobie hotdog guy. i still don't know who ulililolio is. mostly i remember silly catchphrase stuff and people making fun of the news and threads about movies and comics and stuff, and sucking drat balls and fuckmen dicks.

Basically my question is this: was everyone else just overreacting and gbs wasn't really that bad? or was gbs actually that bad, and I was just so bad at gbs that I never even realized how bad it was?

he said, in an extremely gbs voice

jBrereton
GBS is, was, and will only ever be your sum experience of it, imo.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Radical and BADical!

by Lowtax
I actually love the 'yob. Haven't posted here much but I think I can make a nice home here!

----------------

Fart Puzzle

compressed fart pieces

Eh I feel like it's a bit of both. There were definitely some idiots who said hosed up stuff and had lovely opinions but at the same time I feel like a lot of it was all bark and no bite. Plus you'd get people coming into threads to shame people which kinda adds fuel to the fire. Throw in a dash of Dare and a bit of credit card fraud and you get a nice dumpster fire.

Robot Made of Meat

MiracleWhale posted:

it's good in the yob, just wish it moved a bit faster

!! Oh my.

As a 'yobber, I've found the last week impossible to keep up with.

Ah well, I'm sure that we'll reach some sort of happy equilibrium.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I started in GBS and still post there among other subforms and have always thought it's good to post in other forums. i know that when GBS comes back BYOB will be back to its customary 10-15 people but i hope some of you stick around here or at least come to visit. until then lets all make some blanket forts and poo poo and hunker down during this hurricane

Gatekeeper

Luvcow posted:

I started in GBS and still post there among other subforms and have always thought it's good to post in other forums. i know that when GBS comes back BYOB will be back to its customary 10-15 people but i hope some of you stick around here or at least come to visit. until then lets all make some blanket forts and poo poo and hunker down during this hurricane

I'll def stick around, I always liked byob and would only forget about it because of the slow pace. With gbs you could be popping between three different threads and as soon as you posted in one, there were a bunch of replies already in the other two. You could have convos in real time basically. That's why I posted there so much, really, instead of just reading threads like I do in other subforums.

Radical and BADical!

by Lowtax
I think some GBS folks may find BYOB more to their liking. I posted a story in P/C about some paranormal events that happened to me one time that involved a clock flying off a hutch and hitting my ex GF in the head. So of course some fuckface accused me of abusing my girlfriend which made me really loving pissed. Like I don't care that he or she disbelieved my story but why do you have to take it to such an offensive loving extreme? I feel like that sort of thing wouldn't be said seriously here.

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

Luvcow posted:

Gatekeeper

but byob is excellent, really funny and creative. I was irritated about the gbs thing at first (mostly because I had just started an "mspaint a movie scene and see if we can guess it" thread and it went gold and hit like ten pages in an hour or so and BAM! gbs is gone lol) but I'm glad i have a good reason to post here and I'm glad other good ppl are posting here too :^)

Millions of Crows

take a look overhead
comic sans burns my eyes. How do any of you survive here?

Do Drugs.

Robot Made of Meat

Millions of Crows posted:

By being chill.

Gatekeeper

Millions of Crows posted:

it reminds me of high school when me and my gf set our aim (aol instant messenger :smugmrgw:) fonts to comic sans

FluffieDuckie

you can adblock the css. i'm not positive but i think the comic sans is linked to the css (not a computer person here)

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

I don't find it hard to admit that as a gbser I have certain leftover urges that would be socially unacceptable to fulfill here in byob. I haven't told any fuckmen to blow me in days, for instance. So I thought it would be good to have a thread where people with my kind of brain problems can practice attempting to redirect these psychological needs into a flavor that wont piss off our kindly hosts. So without further ado,

OH MY GOD! YOUR HAIR LOOKS [b]FANTASTIC[\b] DO YOU USE PRODUCT, CUZ GODDAMN!

POST ME SOME ANIME, MY ANIMEBRO!!

GRATS ON YOUR THREAD OP :)

RERO RERO RERO, RERORERORERORERORERO*while looking into ur eyes*

NIIIICE MAN YOU LOOKIN SVELTE 2DAY!

Whew, I already feel a little better and I think I'll be able to get a handle on this. Thanks for your welcome and patience, Byob

Oh one more thing. Us gbsers like pointless polls. And the last option has to be dbz related. Please stand by for one of those. I hope byob likes b5!

"Suck my bong, fellowman." has a nice ring to it.

----------------

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Gatekeeper posted:

I'll def stick around, I always liked byob and would only forget about it because of the slow pace. With gbs you could be popping between three different threads and as soon as you posted in one, there were a bunch of replies already in the other two. You could have convos in real time basically. That's why I posted there so much, really, instead of just reading threads like I do in other subforums.

ya i miss being able to post in like 3-4 threads non-stop but BYOB is still good, if there were 6-700 people in it it would be even better I bet!

Robot Made of Meat

FluffieDuckie posted:

you can adblock the css. i'm not positive but i think the comic sans is linked to the css (not a computer person here)

I am believing this is correct.

Buckets

...THE CHILD...

Gatekeeper posted:

super the same, the most controversial thread I read there was the olympics one. the olympics were a bad time.

Nooner posted:

ya i miss being able to post in like 3-4 threads non-stop but BYOB is still good, if there were 6-700 people in it it would be even better I bet!

GBS provided the fast paced content creation that allowed my mediocre posts to sink into a sea of white noise. It was very relieving

Buckets fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 24, 2016

FluffieDuckie

Nooner posted:

well now that you guys are figuring out that we're not actually awful maybe more people will come by

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

FluffieDuckie posted:

well now that you guys are figuring out that we're not actually awful maybe more people will come by

I dont think anyone in recent memory considered byob awful so much as "oh yeah that chill forum which has about 20 ppl inside and is thus irrelevant".

Mea culpa btw.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

This thread is finally helping me get gbs

big black turnout

MiracleWhale posted:

it's good in the yob, just wish it moved a bit faster

same but i believe in us all to make good posts and threads and the more good posts and threads there are the faster it's moving!

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nathilus posted:

I dont think anyone in recent memory considered byob awful so much as "oh yeah that chill forum which has about 20 ppl inside and is thus irrelevant".

Mea culpa btw.

Applewhite

by vyelkin

ROFLburger posted:

this seems like a good opportunity for applewhite to finish that CYOA about space-genitals

That finished and was goldmined over a year ago, actually. My robot maid CYOA shall not be continuing. For the moment I am biding my time to see how well I fare in BYOB and how nuGBS turns out.

----------------

social vegan

Gatekeeper posted:

he said, in an extremely gbs voice
I think you've always been in the good and shouldn't hate on yourself even though your magick is significantly less bodily fluid-based than mine, meaning someday we might have to meet as sworn enemies, but until then we bud out

big black turnout posted:

same but i believe in us all to make good posts and threads and the more good posts and threads there are the faster it's moving!
Ya all of us refugees are used to the fast paced world of watching nooner snipe pages, but I think with more of us here, things should feel a little more dynamic.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Applewhite posted:

That finished and was goldmined over a year ago, actually. My robot maid CYOA shall not be continuing. For the moment I am biding my time to see how well I fare in BYOB and how nuGBS turns out.

try a different kind of CYOA here then maybe? you are talented and funny

Gatekeeper

it's pretty perfect here at the mo, with all the postings going on, plus enough time for me to sketch barfs here and there. i like effortposts :shobon: always have

PantsandCola

you did good... you did good
i didn't even know gbs was racist, i just focused on the chill. Now the chill is all here.

Applewhite

by vyelkin

PantsandCola posted:

i didn't even know gbs was racist, i just focused on the chill. Now the chill is all here.

It wasn't really. It just liked to pretend sometimes.

----------------

PantsandCola

you did good... you did good
Yeah, I just assumed that most things in GBS were ironic.

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

PantsandCola posted:

Yeah, I just assumed that most things in GBS were ironic.

This is how I took it. I don't know. Maybe some people were genuine but you can't tell through text. A LOT of what I say on the forums is facetious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Rarrrr I'm the scary gbs man I hate ladies and Chinese people and also ... uh ... wait is gamer gate good or bad?

• Locked thread