Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Our hosts are
Sweet like Sheridan
Garrulous like Mr. Garibaldi
Learned like Londo
Just like G'kar
:goku:
View Results

• Locked thread
Blue Wher

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski

Robot Made of Meat posted:

The irony is too thick to be sliced with an ordinary knife.

Ordinary knives are boring anyways. Have you tried katanas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp

Blue Wher posted:

To whoever asked about Gamergate, it's basically a movement started by petulant manchildren from Reddit saying "ew ew ew icky girls making video games"

no one asked about gamergate

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Blue Wher

"Baseball is chaos!"

flerp posted:

I saw a mention, thought someone was legitimately asking. Whatever, :shrug:

Blue Wher

"Baseball is chaos!"

Oh wait Nooner's here? That explains it. Guess I shoulda looked at the author first. My bad, carry on, chaps.

Robot Made of Meat

flerp posted:

This statement is incorrect, although we'd all love for it to be true.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Gatekeeper posted:

your phone's predictive text learns from you, right? like it suggests words based on what it thinks you may say based upon past things you said?

because this

happened to me just now and i think it's bc of gbs

The phone is wise, technology shall soon replace us

Blue Wher

"Baseball is chaos!"

A place where gamergate doesn't exist must be some sort of utopia

actually let's be the change, right here, right now. let's filter the g word into something else. like kittens. much more pleasant.

Mousedoodler
Im not a gbser but this seems like a good chance for me to say something nice and good job on your good jobs op

Julius CSAR

by sebmojo
I don't

like thing

phew, glad that's over

----------------

City of Glompton

I want you all to know that I am impressed. you've lost your home temporarily but you're taking it in stride and I"m glad to have met you all. also I appreciate the funny posts in the breakfast & boyfriend threads amongst others. good work new friends :h:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

flerp

in my headcanon its true

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

City of Glompton posted:

I want you all to know that I am impressed. you've lost your home temporarily but you're taking it in stride and I"m glad to have met you all. also I appreciate the funny posts in the breakfast & boyfriend threads amongst others. good work new friends :h:

flerp
i still miss gbs but byobs p cool

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

flerp posted:

i still miss gbs but byobs p cool

Glad you could join us!

flerp
to be fair ive been mostly drunk posting but still its a good place and ive always admired byob from afar like a forlorn lover

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

flerp posted:

to be fair ive been mostly drunk posting but still its a good place and ive always admired byob from afar like a forlorn lover

Is there another way to post?

big black turnout

Is there another way to post?

:420:

shoophobo

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat.

oh, I mean, good evening friends, how was your day?? :)

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

shoophobo posted:

Pretty good ever though in still on the clock for another 3 hours

Robot Made of Meat

shoophobo posted:

suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat.

Bite my rear end, GBS'er! (Trans: I'm doing well, you?)

shoophobo

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Bite my rear end, GBS'er! (Trans: I'm doing well, you?)

ok, slept in too late and now procrastinating here on byob. i hope you have a nice night. :downs:

FluffieDuckie

hi guys i posted this in the chat thread which is where i make most of my announcements, but i thought i'd drop it here since a lot of you newbies are hanging out in here. it's not directed at one person in particular, but a trend i noticed today

----

i've seen some funny threads get derailed today and that makes me sad

in byob we try really hard to make good, funny, or interesting threads. once we get a thread going with a lot of funny comments, it's super disrespectful to come in and change the subject or poo poo post or otherwise derail the flow of funny posts being made. i know this is different than what most of you are used to, so i'm going to be super patient while we all adjust, but if you see your posts getting edited or you get a pm from us or we say something to you in a thread about what you're doing, please be repectful and change what you're doing

if you just want to chat at another poster or talk about another topic, or just tell us what you had for dinner, the stickied chat thread is the thread for that. it's not that we don't want you to feel free to talk to us, just please do it in the right place so we can continue to work on our funny stuff without being interrupted

----

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

flerp

i dont smoke unless its w/ my brother

----------------

flerp
im glad i can drunk post w/o being probed here in the byob

----------------

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Blue Wher posted:

I saw a mention, thought someone was legitimately asking. Whatever, :shrug:

I was legit curious because I don't know anything about it except that it's a lovely topic that causes problems, and that should have been enough for me to realize it wasn't something to ask about. But thank you for offering to explain. as someone who doesn't play or care about video games I never understand any of this nonsense.

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

FluffieDuckie posted:

thank you for being patient :^) i know it's gonna take some getting used to, I really like the way byob works and I'm happy to try my best to snuggle into this place comfortably without ruffling your downy feathers (lol it's a duckie joke). this was a weird upheaval and youre being super chill about it, all of you guys. It's much appreciated and I hope I can contribute here.

HATECUBE

i have no idea how this place works and it constantly feels like im breaking poo poo. maybe i dont 'get it'

cool people tho, thanks for putting up with us

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

FluffieDuckie posted:

hi guys i posted this in the chat thread which is where i make most of my announcements, but i thought i'd drop it here since a lot of you newbies are hanging out in here. it's not directed at one person in particular, but a trend i noticed today

----

in byob we try really hard to make good, funny, or interesting threads. once we get a thread going with a lot of funny comments, it's super disrespectful to come in and change the subject or poo poo post or otherwise derail the flow of funny posts being made. i know this is different than what most of you are used to, so i'm going to be super patient while we all adjust, but if you see your posts getting edited or you get a pm from us or we say something to you in a thread about what you're doing, please be repectful and change what you're doing

if you just want to chat at another poster or talk about another topic, or just tell us what you had for dinner, the stickied chat thread is the thread for that. it's not that we don't want you to feel free to talk to us, just please do it in the right place so we can continue to work on our funny stuff without being interrupted

----

yeah, what byob lacked in user quantity before it more than made up for with quality

once a riff thread takes off/an initially bad thread gets flipped, 9 times out of 10 some really tremendous comedy comes out of it

that's why like 90% of comedy goldmine posts on the front page are from here

HighwireAct fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 25, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
GBS rule(s/d)

----------------

Kuato

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
I might be too old and too ingrained in my ways to ever overcome my GBS'n past. Someday the phrase hosed up if false will take off, and I'll have been there on the ground floor.

----------------

Basch lives!
Grimy Drawer
suck my drat balls OP

is what I would say if I were dgsw and this was GBS. but I don't think that's in the spirite of byob.

Get beefy bitch.
Get REAL beefy bitch.

Dial-a-Dog
I hope when GBS comes back we can all remember the things we learned here, and in other sub forums, and that the grudges never die

----------------

Basch lives!
Grimy Drawer
We're all going ot come back to gbs with eifferent experiences from each of the subforums we ventured off to. Like ff6 where all the characters go on to their own paths and meet up later with all this baadass poo poo to fight the army. And instea f of fight the army it is more like continue making GBS threads up gbs.

Get beefy bitch.
Get REAL beefy bitch.

social vegan

Gatekeeper posted:

lol @ nooner nitecap

Gatekeeper

it's gonna be like the end of lotr and we'll all be so happy to see each other and Smash it Smash hit! will get crowned like aragorn and nooner will give me that loving samwise look and when we get back to gbs we'll see that saruman (dare, maybe?) is the new mod but we'll use all we've learned to have the Scouring of the Gbs and then I'll be glad things are over but i'll always hurt a bit from my ordeal and then I'll peace out to byob forever with the elves and social vegan the white

City of Glompton

Gatekeeper posted:

it's gonna be like the end of lotr and we'll all be so happy to see each other and Smash it Smash hit! will get crowned like aragorn and nooner will give me that loving samwise look and when we get back to gbs we'll see that saruman (dare, maybe?) is the new mod but we'll use all we've learned to have the Scouring of the Gbs and then I'll be glad things are over but i'll always hurt a bit from my ordeal and then I'll peace out to byob forever with the elves and social vegan the white

:love:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Elusif

I dont know what gamergate is and I dont want to know.

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Gatekeeper posted:

Word.

"Out of the Great Sea to nu-gbs I am come. In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

Lord Frankenstyle

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
This is gonna be tricky but I'll give it a try.

I think it's neat that you guys only make posts with letters found in the Bible!

I'm a work in progress...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Im really trying hard to extract even a tiny amount of humor out of this board.
Without success.

• Locked thread