Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
Hey guys, I'm looking for a recommendation here. I'm about to deploy my first full stack portfolio piece and I'd like to do it on AWS to get some experience with it. The project is a small (fake) ecommerce site using Django, React and postgres. I've already got my postgres running on AWS RDS, my catalog images are in a S3 bucket and I purchased my domain through Route 53 (same price as namecheap). I wanted to make this easy and AWS seems to offer everything in one place. There seems to be a few different options available but I'm not sure which is best. Whats the easiest, free, most streamlined way to deploy my django/react project on AWS? I would also appreciate any links or video walkthroughs that can help guide me through the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
Awesome, I'll try beanstalk then. I'm just trying to keep it simple for the first one. I'll try something more adventurous after I get this one squared away. I appreciate the advice.

davey4283 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 9, 2024

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

quote:

Title: Using Beanstalk to deploy Django/React project, Keep getting Boto errors and fails:

I have the most up-to-date version of boto3 and botocore, and I've done pip freeze and added it to my requirements.txt but when I try to deploy my site, eb deploy, it always fails. The eb logs error says I'm not satisfying the boto requirements but its in my piplist/requirements.txt which doesn't make any sense.
Log: ============= i-0256677979eb7fc50 ==============
/var/log/eb-engine.log

WARNING: You are using pip version 22.0.4; however, version 23.3.2 is available. You should consider upgrading via the '/var/app/venv/staging-LQM1lest/bin/python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

2024/01/10 18:18:35.673148 [ERROR] An error occurred during execution of command [app-deploy] - [InstallDependency]. Stop running the command. Error: fail to install dependencies with requirements.txt file with error Command /bin/sh -c /var/app/venv/staging-LQM1lest/bin/pip install -r requirements.txt failed with error exit status 1. Stderr:ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement boto3==1.34.14 (from versions:

Requirements.txt:

asgiref==3.7.2 awsebcli==3.20.10 blessed==1.20.0 boto==2.49.0 boto3==1.34.15 botocore==1.34.15 cement==2.8.2 certifi==2023.11.17 charset-normalizer==3.3.2 colorama==0.4.3 Django==4.2.4 (etc)

Chatgpt is running me in circles.. Any ideas on what's going on with this?

edit: I'm running windows10, ubuntu wsl, bash, vscode. aws cli through vs code terminal,

I've updated pip and boto multiple times and updated the requirements.txt over and over again but it still fails when I attempt eb deploy

https://old.reddit.com/r/aws/comments/193f9vp/using_beanstalk_to_deploy_djangoreact_project/

I'm pulling my hair out with beanstalk over here, if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear it

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
I'm honestly just looking for the easiest, most seamless way to deploy my first portfolio project (django/react).

I thought aws would be a good route since I can deploy my site, host my postgres, buy a domain, and host static files all in one place.

I don't care at all which service is used as long as it works.

You mentioned Amplify earlier so maybe I'll give that a shot.