Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
Wouldn't lambda be more similar to Google Functions (which is still beta)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
Wooo! I just got the mail from HR for the initial interview for an Enterprise Architect position with AWS in Europe!

I’m really happy I managed to get my foot in the door, I was afraid I couldn’t get past the screening process, as most my experience is with a competing cloud vendor (where I am a certified professional architect) and had just got the AWS Solution Architect Associate before applying to show my skills are transferable!

This is a life changing opportunity for me and I’d like to make the most of it.

I know some of you are EAs or TAMs and i remember helping out another goon during the interview process, if you have any tips about the process or the culture please let me know, either here or via PMs and I’d gladly buy you a beer during the next non-virtual re:Invent if we ever get there :D

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
So I'm on my way for my loop on Monday for the Enterprise Architect role... somehow all the tips from the recruitment got me more confused as they seem to elicit cookie-cutter responses and profiles while I tend to be at my best when I'm sort of free-form-ing ... I know I'd fit the profile (I've done this for a while now) but I'm getting nervous on how I'd actually show that to the interviewers.

I'd ask for more tips but I guess I've had enough. Just needed a space to vent a bit I guess :D