Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Do you have indexes that might be consuming "extra" write capacity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

My experiences with Kubernetes on AWS have been positive, save for some random DNS issues. They’re also about to announce fully managed Kubernetes soon?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Are there any better options for creating IAM users with access keys via cloud formation than outputting the access key as part of the template?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

the talent deficit posted:

don't create access keys in cfn. grant users the ability to create and manage their own keys if they need them or use federation to allow them to assume roles instead

Yeah I’d rather not create them in cloud formation but how can I federate Kubernetes pods? I guess I can google it.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

freeasinbeer posted:

IAM+sts?

Or vault?

I think Vault is being evaluated but not live yet at work. And I don’t want to jump through a bunch of hoops to do role assumption poo poo via cluster nodes.