Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Woof Blitzer posted:

Does anyone who works at Amazon ITT work on the ADC team?

I did for awhile what's up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Multicloud is a joke and I'm sorry your upper management got pilled by someone selling something.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Last time I tried to use amplify it was broken AF and most of my issues were bugs (memory leaks were a big one) that the dev discord (your only way of interacting with them) was not interested in fixing. At the time the only way I got engagement was by harassing the oncall via slack internally.

So I wouldn't recommend that product at all however if you're stuck with it that's something else entirely.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Orbis Tertius posted:

Not sure this is the right thread for this.

I’m interested in email SaaS architecture, but this seems to be one of those things that’s difficult to Google for. As in, how Sendgrid, Mailchimp, Mailgun, Amazon SES, etc work.

Im guessing there’s a DNS part, scalable vms hosting SMTP (just guessing) part, and an orchestration part. Among other more general saas things (api, auth services, whatever)

Anyways any insights (general or implementation specific) would be appreciated. Again, I’m finding it hard to do basic research on this so any info is appreciated.

Are you trying to roll your own? Curious what your use case for this is as I imagine the arch is probably not going to be super public necessarily as I work at one of the 4 you listed presently and worked at another previously.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Is there a recommended way to execute intense/long running queries against an Aurora RDS cluster without impacting the cluster itself? When we did self hosted MySQL on EC2 we just booted a new box in the same vpc but just left it out of the load balancer.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

Create a read replica and then run the query there

I realized after reading the docs how trivial my question is. Thanks!

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Does anyone have resources for testing and upgrading from AL1 to AL23?

I can also ask in the Linux thread but I'm confused as to why the internet seems really lacking on this subject. I get AWS would want you to think it just works but that feels naive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Docjowles posted:

Are you talking about like building a new environment on AL2023 and what pitfalls you will encounter deploying your app that has been running on AL1 to it? Or trying to upgrade in place via yum or something? AL1 is ancient (in cloud terms), I would be surprised if the latter is even possible. I think AWS would tell you to build new AMIs and new hosts and cut over. AWS is not pet friendly.

This would be deploying existing code to new al23 hosts.