Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repsnake
Sep 1, 2002

Lysandus posted:

Anyone recommend a good app for studying/practice tests for certs, starting with Cloud Practitioner? There are like 8 million on the app store and its impossible to find which is actually good.

I used the O'reilly app and read this book in a weekend on my tablet and took the test on Monday, about 20 hours of study time total:
https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/-/9781801075930/

I also watched the last part of this video series that covers all their stupidly-named services and what they do:
https://learning.oreilly.com/course/aws-cloud-practitioner/0636920864295/

Practitioner is mostly a buzz words quiz. I didn't learn much about AWS through it, but knowing the services and what they do is probably the most helpful.
Coming from an Azure background, I basically just substituted Azure for AWS in the question and got the answer.

Alright, need some help here with Route 53. I migrated a domain off of Google Domains two days ago since it was near expiry and I didn't want to get moved to Squarespace.
So, none of the DNS record information transferred over, which in hindsight should have been expected, however, I updated in the hosted zones for the domain the DNS record with the Office365 record and DKIM record from Microsoft and I still can't receive email on the domain.
Is it because it takes 48 hours to propagate out or am I missing something?
code:
domain.com	MX	Simple	-	No	0 domain.mail.protection.outlook.com.	3600	-	-	-
domain.com	NS	Simple	-	No	ns-712.awsdns-25.net.   ns-1514.awsdns-61.org.       ns-111.awsdns-13.com.       ns-1782.awsdns-30.co.uk.	172800	-	-	-
domain.com	SOA	Simple	-	No	ns-712.awsdns-25.net. awsdns-hostmaster.amazon.com. 1 7200 900 1209600 86400	900	-	-	-
domain.com	TXT	Simple	-	No	"v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"	3600	-	-	-
selector1._domainkey.domain.com	CNAME	Simple	-	No	selector1-domain-com._domainkey.domain.onmicrosoft.com.	3600	-	-	-
selector2._domainkey.domain.com	CNAME	Simple	-	No	selector2-domain-com._domainkey.domain.onmicrosoft.com.	3600	-	-	-
autodiscover.domain.com	CNAME	Simple	-	No	autodiscover.outlook.com.	3600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repsnake
Sep 1, 2002

Isn't Amazon the registrar now that I've transferred the domain to AWS? That's what the NS record above is now reflecting, correct?
I went through the AWS documentation and it said that I should have lowered the NS ttl to 3600 or less to troubleshoot issues like these. Lesson learned, I might have to wait longer to see but I did lower it so when it does refresh I'll see if it corrected itself then.