Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".
Yay! Perfect thread for this small question I'm having!

I'm running 5 rails apps that realistically don't get much traffic but need to be online and fast at all time. Right now I'm running the rails app / db through DigitalOcean 5$ to 10$ instances and have no plan to move to EC2 since it doesn't yet make sense for me.

BUT I'm debating moving all my postgres databases to a t2.micro RDS instance because it's fully managed AND properly backed up and the data is the core of my apps.

So my question, or questions, are:

- Is running a micro instance sounds like a viable option for a set of 5 sites that get probably <10,000 views daily total and probably less than a gb of database storage.
- I noticed that the network is marked as "LOW" for t2.micro instances, does that mean that it will be slow as hell?
- For EC2, instances have CPU Credits for bursts, is it the same for RDS? Does it mean my instance can go down for any reason? That would blow.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU