Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
http://6abc.com/education/faculty-at-14-pa-state-universities-go-on-strike/1561504/

quote:

FACULTY AT 14 PA. STATE UNIVERSITIES GO ON STRIKE

WEST CHESTER, Pa. (WPVI) -- A faculty strike impacting more than 100,000 students at 14 Pennsylvania State universities began Wednesday after contract negotiations between the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and its faculty union hit an impasse.

The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties went on strike at 5 a.m.

Attempts at an 11th hour agreement between the faculty union and the chancellor for the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education fell through.

"We'd like to reassure our students that we did everything we possibly could to avoid a strike. We will be here should the State System decide not to abandon its students," Jamie Martin, APSCUF Vice President said in a statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBMAHUkibY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Gov. Wolf released a pouty statement:

Tom Wolf posted:

“I am extremely disappointed in the failure of PASSHE and APSCUF to reach an agreement on a contract. The resulting strike is detrimental to the system and will have far-reaching effects for years to come.

“In just under two years I have increased funding to the state system by more than $30 million, a 7.5 percent increase over 2014-15, in order to begin restoring the harmful cuts made under the previous administration.

“The shortsightedness on both sides is counter to my efforts on behalf of the system and hurts the dedicated professors and university staff, and students and their families who are paying tuition to these universities.

“Everyone’s top priority should be the students and their families who are counting on an agreement to ensure Pennsylvania continues to deliver on its promise to provide a world-class college education. I urge both sides to return to the table immediately and continue negotiations until an agreement is reached.”

• Locked thread