Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Holy crap, this seems interesting. I'm tempted to buy it and play with goons, but like many people I have very little coding experience and I've never been great at puzzle games. Would it still be enjoyable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Mindblast posted:

Depends entirely on whether or not you want to learn how to script to a certain imo. While there are other things to do for sure, skipping scripting would skip a large part of it all

If I were interested in learning how to script, would the game help me learn? And could I have some amount of fun while doing it?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Alright this game is pretty great, though I still have no idea what I'm doing. I just got past the first half of the firewall, now I need to get the second. I constantly have to look online to ask really basic questions like "How do I send messages?" and "How do I look at my scripts?". It's really enthralling though. I imagine if you actually know how to code it all comes a lot more naturally.

One really embarrassing thing: I never learned how to type correctly. Despite being on computers my whole life I always just hunt and peck. I'm finally trying to get over that and learn to type right. It's so loving hard. Typing this out right now I'm going at about 9WPM.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

After about an hour of failing to get through Mallory's firewall I learned that a "stack" in programming terms means just that, and when she asked for the user that connected after "X" meant I have to give her the one directly above "X", not the one after.

So now I'm live. What's next?

• Locked thread