Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Urgh, trying to hack into a tier 2 NPC, I can't even find them. I've gotten to the point where I can access their account information and orders and stuff, QR codes...but I have no idea what to do with it. I like the scripting possibilities of this game, but the NPC stuff is loving retarded. It's not hacking, it's guessing repeatedly until you get the right trigger words. :P

Someone gave me a T2 loc, and I started trying to breach it, and the glock lock took 1M of my 4M credits...which really pissed me off. Even with a harvest script and a breach script, we're talking about 200 breaches to get to 10 million GC in T1. That's harvest, wait, copy paste, breach, wait...repeat...two hundred times. I'm already ground out with this process, and the drat thing just took 1M of my grind money.

I'm hoping there's a better way to earn that 10M, presumably with the T2 stuff. Because if not I think I'm done, despite how cool the PvP might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Mindblast posted:

I wonder how the npc's are found so quickly. Are they not randomised or something.

People aren't "finding" them, they are using scripts to find them. This is partially due to the hacking process being so static. It needs to be a bit more dynamic, in that a script could help but not do the entire thing for you. I think that is what tier 2 is, but getting to tier 2 is rough.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

quiggy posted:

Yeah I've been skipping acct+glock but I swear that like 90% of T2s have both of those and it's really frustrating to be constantly abandoning T2 locs because of it. Maybe it wouldn't be so frustrating if my phone was better at reading QR codes.

I think the QR code thing is kind of bullshit. I don't have a smart phone, and my only other options are using some sort of Windows app that don't seem to work very well, and also require me to put the game in windowed mode, or to use one of the QR decoding scripts, which appear to cost 1MGC per use.

When I purchased the game it didn't say anything about requiring a loving external device, and the QR codes don't pop up in game until well after the two hour Steam refund limit.

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 29, 2016

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Michaellaneous posted:

In other news, dtr completely delusional and blames users for bugs in game.

http://pastebin.com/vZ3mKUcb

e: Quick noted.

1. dtr is admin in the official discord
2. Goon used automation to run a legit script in game to hack admin
3. Game is buggy and allowed the script to run multiple times
4. Server almost shits the bed
5. dtr extremely salty and thinks we need to do testing for the game

This is kind of what pisses me off about this game. Last time I played people were spoofing administrators and they decided that was "against the rules". Now this is "against the rules". What kind of sandbox hacking game can this possibly be if anything that gives an unfair advantage is against the rules? The point of hacking is to gain an unfair advantage.

Beyond that point, where are these "rules" posted? I didn't see any going into the game, so I have to assume that "the rules" are an extremely subjective set of opinions that sean holds.

• Locked thread