Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009

Highblood posted:

Ok so I'm a bit stumped with a script and I don't know if I can do anything about it with only 1 script and 500 character limit. Basically I made an EZ_40 script because it's the only t1 that's pretty impossible to do manually. It works except I don't know what to do if I get an NPC with multiple locks. Like this one here has an EZ_21 followed by the EZ_40, is there a way to pass the EZ_21 to my EZ_40 script?

I wrote a (fairly unoptimized) lock pick that should attack all the locks, however I kept running into issues with the 5 second timeout (not sure what the bottleneck was since timing functions wouldn't help profile). I think using the #s macro to execute a script takes some time and the latency with the server can cause issues. Anyone have any ideas around this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

You can actually read other people's scripts before executing them right, or is it a blind faith sort of thing

You are not able to read the source, but there is a dev provided script that will return a script's trust level given what function calls it uses inside the script.

• Locked thread