Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Tolstojevski posted:

Can anybody who actually does this coding stuff give this thing a once over and tell me if I am doing anything worthy of the coding horrors thread? It is my t1 cracker.
http://pastebin.com/19uXH0Y1
Did not get on the discord yet, mostly in game while in office so I can't use voice comms. Should get to handling t2s during this week I think, will pop in when I do :) .

I noticed you defined a lot of functions, but a lot of them don't actually get called more than once. This makes figuring our code flow a lot harder. Then if you look at the lWord, lNumber, lPrime and cSeries functions, you see a lot of code repetition, which you want your functions to prevent, especially since hackmud has a character limit on scripts.

I wrote a t1 cracker in 500 characters (the starting limit) as practice. The end result isn't necessarily pretty since I had to use a lot of ugly tricks to fit everything into the character limit, but it might be interesting. http://pastebin.com/JF0s1fCk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Mr. Jive posted:

So writing scripts that read shell.txt isn't out of bounds? I thought that was mega haram.

Those files are only written on shutdown and once every 60 seconds, so not that useful for automation.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

It is not, I'm quite certain. All that is out is his fake loc, used to scam people.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

Ok i have a pretty sweet brute forcing script but what I do not understand is how to pass in a command rip the names from it then pass those automatically to the brute script.

ie:

name.getList{t:#s.anon.code{process:"directory", pass:"bethebest",project:"wibble"}}

Which will get the list of abandoned users and then call brute from the list

name.brute{t:#s.name}

Is this even possible ?

No it isn't, you can't get a scriptor from a string. You either have to pass it in as an argument or hardcode it in your script.
For the first part you could make a script:
code:
function (context, args) {
	args.t.call(args.x);
}
and then call the script like this:
code:
getList { t: #s.name.script, x: {process:"directory", pass:"bethebest", project:"wibble"} }

• Locked thread