Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I'm playing this now. edit:nevermind, found it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Tolstojevski posted:

I decided not to open locks up manually even with having my system uninitialized and a 500 char limit. So I made a scrapper script that takes just the project name and fills up a db with proper locs. Then a script that just probes 'em and adds a field with the lock type for each. Then the crack scripts for the ez locks (EZ_40 ended up on 499/500 chars with my coding skills :eng99: ). Now, for the life of me I could not figure out how to make the locs callable again (and from some reading I did it seems an intentional restriction that you can not turn just any string into a callable) so I made a script that will query the db , filter and format the data and stdout it in nice numerated groups for easy and quick pasting into sets of arguments for all the other scripts.
Made over a mil in under half an hour, got init, boosted char space and had a bunch of fun while at it. Now I can actually do some coding and not worry about each char I type :dance: .

poo poo, should we get some kind of corp going or something? I would be down for that.

Get in the discord in the OP, we need to get you crackalackin on an automated t2 script for us.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Turns out that selecting some text in game, and then right clicking, instantly pastes the selection into the command line.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Also, apparently, never chat in an in game channel.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

DaveKap posted:

Actually it would be perfectly fine to do so if 1: There wasn't someone crawling the active user list they built just to check for breaches and 2: expose_logs actually required a .loc to work or 3: The game had a virtualization option to let you test out attack scripts without worrying about said crawler. I was hacked by a perfect storm of excessively active enemy, inadequate knowledge, and pure inability to safely perform a test. I don't mind the hack, I just wish one of these 3 things was "fixed." Preferably #3 since I don't so much mind #1 or #2.

This doesn't matter since escaping vLan auto-joins you to 0000 where your name can get logged immediately.
Edit: In fact someone has a bot scanning for new users this way and messages you a welcome. First proof that crawling and scanning is easy to do in this game.

Yeah, and the crawling and scanning stuff seems to be both tolerated and require out of game scripting and output scanning. Or is it technically bannable?

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Goonhack corp is now number 4 on the server, and coming up on number 3. Number one and two are so far ahead that the only possible way to catch up would be to breach them, though.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I now have dozens of duplicates of all useful upgrades, so anyone that needs any upgrades or money to sys.init PM me here or message me on discord and I'll send you some stuff. Everyone trying to PVP should have at least 4 copies of each of the pvp scripts to switch to, for example.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Get into the discord and we'll get you set up with everything you need to harvest tears.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Zaodai posted:

I'm too much of a lazy person and lovely coder to get involved in this, but I enjoy reading the thread and knowing that there are more dedicated goons out there doing the Lord's work, harvesting the tears of pubbies in just about any game possible. Especially a thinkin' man's game.

But I guess they showed you guys about NEVER BEING #1! If you're not first, you're last.

We need more script kiddies like me too! I spend most of my game time attacking enemy players, asking for features in our scripts, providing bug feedback, and tuning simple auto hotkey scripts that use in game scripts to farm stuff and harass enemies. I've had a lot of fun despite knowing no coding whatsoever.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Join by getting in the discord in the OP and asking there. The money and resources you can get on your own are miniscule compared to what you can get in the corp.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

After about an hour of failing to get through Mallory's firewall I learned that a "stack" in programming terms means just that, and when she asked for the user that connected after "X" meant I have to give her the one directly above "X", not the one after.

So now I'm live. What's next?

Get in the discord and we can get you set up with some upgrades and stuff to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Feel free to ask in the discord chatrooms for upgrades, we can send you a bunch of char counts and such no problem if you don't feel like grinding them up. Getting you up to speed to help with some of the harder programming challenges would be good .

• Locked thread