Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
So i got this game yesterday can anyone tell me what the message

System Locks Rotated. System Breach status reset.

means?

I don't seem to have lost any GC but I am worried I will be destroyed by someone way above me.

one thing i have been warned about is that you should never try to access the dead accounts from the npcs without a {} as some of them will take your GC if you do not add the {} with every call

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Social Media posted:

How do I join the corp? I'm fresh out of the tutorial but the game seems interesting.

I am trying to at least get some money before approaching the rest of the goons, So i am just sat hacking npc's using a brute script i was given by a friend

now what i am trying to work out is can i script the whole list thing as well so i can put the list project command into the script and it will systematically clear our all abandoned accounts....

or even better if i can just run the script and it will iterate through all the fullsec npcs and clear them all with one command?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

If you're having a good time solving these problems, there's nothing wrong with that, but butt's ahk bot pulls several billion a day automatically and we have almost 3 trillion in cash stores and a lot of blue upgrades we can't seem to get rid of.

Auth in the discord in the op and we can help you out and invite you to corp.

I cant use discord until i am at home, They block it here - its so annoying as you cannot tell it to use a proxy

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

If you're having a good time solving these problems, there's nothing wrong with that, but butt's ahk bot pulls several billion a day automatically and we have almost 3 trillion in cash stores and a lot of blue upgrades we can't seem to get rid of.

Auth in the discord in the op and we can help you out and invite you to corp.

how do you auth, I am in #Auth but no idea what to do now

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone here has figured it out by now, there's a process but all goon discords use the same db do you only have to do it once! Dm random goons until you figure it out imo

I did in the end, - I suppose that it was also part of the entrance test. - Work out how to Auth and you are worthy :getin:

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Ok i have a pretty sweet brute forcing script but what I do not understand is how to pass in a command rip the names from it then pass those automatically to the brute script.

ie:

name.getList{t:#s.anon.code{process:"directory", pass:"bethebest",project:"wibble"}}

Which will get the list of abandoned users and then call brute from the list

name.brute{t:#s.name}

Is this even possible ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

lazken posted:

So five hours disappeared yesterday while I dragged my lazy rear end through the vLAN and into the game.
Have spent a bit of time trying to script out the t1 locks which was quite fun, even for my (really bad) JS.
Am on the discord and will mumble at people incoherently later.

One thing I'd say for any people who haven't used JS in a long time like me, the codeacademy.com learn javascript tutorials have been awesome at jogging my memory of functions and other things. The 500 character limit at the beginning of the game is a bit of a crapper though.

its not that bad, I have a perfect T1 brute forcer in less than 500 characters

• Locked thread