Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Doctor_Acula posted:

Picked this up last night. I think I'm almost out of the vLAN. Can't wait to get home and lose all my money by mistake.

Good news! You can't! You start with nothing outside the vLAN. You'll also know you're close when you're hacking the firewalls

The single player is amazing by itself. It also does a good job of teaching you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Doctor_Acula posted:

I say we all pitch in to a goon corp.
We need a hella kitchsy 90s cyberpunk name, though.
Or just rip something straight out of Shadowrun/GITS.
Renraku or Section 9.

I've not done any coding since high school. Is there any way to test stuff you think might work? I'd hate to spam up the chat with garbage text.

Wintermute too on the nose about AI and Gibson?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

DaveKap posted:

Learn to do T2s from the discord. It's the only thing that's kept me in the game.

Yeah T2s once you find them have a ton of cash and are interesting. I can't find a QR code reader I trust that will read them from the screen. I've found jpg reader websites but then I'd have to save it. We have a nice paid one at work that also generates them but it's also Mac only and $200.

I just want to hover over a QR code and get what it contains copied when I press ctrl+c is that so much to ask?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

KimJongUnstoppable posted:

If someone got my LOC, is there anything I can do about it? or do I just need to suck it up and deal with it?

luckily I keep nothing on my main and all my money on my alt, but still - I assume there's no way to change the LOC, so I'm going to save up and buy a shitload of locks at some point. Better than retiring and making a new character.

Well what does your character have that's so important? Locks are expensive even if you are a high init is there anything you have like a reputation that you are trying to preserve. Or are you just attached to the name? That said your loc WILL get out no matter what. You get 10 retires and they clear after 30 days so you can basically change names every 3 days if you want. Good locks are 40M+ you are probably T1/T2 init so only down 1-11M If you already bought the 100M init you really should have good locks because NPCs will try and hack you and succeed if your locks are lovely (compared to your init level a c003 is enough to stop them at T2 and should run you under 1M)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Anyone figured out a way to quick switch users?

/sw = user alt
/sw = #s.user alt

does not work both tell me %user%.user is not a valid script.

I'd be okay if the solution is using a private script slot if I really had to and bind that to /sw

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

We can use a script to enable or disable someone's music / sound which is great. What I really want though is the ability to play sound by sending the frequency. Just make the most jarring noise possible when someone accesses the file. Or just a frequency sweep with While x<1000 x++ while x>0 x-- play(freq:x). Make sure you turn their sound to max before hand so they throw their headphones off in horror. Bonus if it sends you a message (to a channel obviously) so you can breach them while they are stunned from the sonic weapon.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

At work but a Reddit thread seems to mention T1s have changed somehow to be more reachable/palatable? Something about harvested NPC locs no longer showing up or having some marker to indicate that they're harvested/gone already.

This would be amazing if this also worked for T2s and once everything in the QR code was farmed it would remove the QR code. Nothing worse than going through an entire puzzle for no reward.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

CountingWizard posted:

I've been monitoring my activity log, and it looks like npcs are connecting to me a couple times a day. When I hardlined into the most recent one and compromised it, the exposed log showed it had alternated connecting between myself and my alt user a couple dozen times. The older entries in the exposed log showed only the username for my alt user, but the more recent ones showed the full loc for both users.

What is up with this? Is this an npc bank or something? I didn't think there was a way to easily link one user to another without directly trying to connect to a loc.

They actually don't have any locks, they breached when you connected. You can see this if you expose their access logs afterwards. Do NOT share this NPC loc. The loc will actually change but if you look at their access log you will notice they are accessing just your accounts both of them. The name of the AI accessing you will change, but the log will carry over.

They are only T1 so you can't steal anything. If someone figures out more let me know, but right now my guess is they will go to T2 if you go to T3 and let you in on something else. That or it's part of the universe lore or just something to panic you into buying locks.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mindblast posted:

It doesn't require anything out of game to work but the time from user breach to getting your system.loc hacked is suspiciously low. I'd almost burn a few users just to see how fast his system is. Beyond a certain point would definitely hint at augmentation beyond what the game permits.

The dev should be able to notice this and I'm pretty sure external poo poo is bannable.

When it gets late on my end the server always becomes slower and now I'm wondering why.

Likely a memory leak server side. My guess is it doesn't clean up hacked AIs that well and it seems to generate new ones during the day now too not just at reset.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You can purchase a few script slots and instead it will ask you to solve a normal puzzle. I don't think anyone has done much into the scriptor version since it is more difficult and buying a few script slots and loading them is cheap.

Example other one Next 3 letters in EFG or next 3 letters in SRQ or GIK. (Forwards, backwards, every other)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Lichtenstein posted:

Yeah, I meant that you can't really automate xfer_gc_from from your other user safely and that kinda rules out auto-glocking.

Or perhaps making a public script on your alt hardcoded to xfer_gc_to an amount passed as an argument to your main would work? Like, remotely force the alt to be xfer_gc_to's caller?

Based on the tutorial I assume this is a planned feature. Since launder bots exist there. But being able to fully automate T2 when T3 isn't yet a thing seems like it would be bad for gameplay. If that command isn't a thing when T3 or shortly after T2 will be a wasteland.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

please knock Mom! posted:

The dev also wants non coders to be competitive somehow, so automation can't be too easy-- manual running with automated harvesting seems to be the style he's going for right now. Teamwork, corps, or good old capitalism where harvesters charge a price per loc

People are closely guarding their T2 crackers because they are the end game right now. I'm sure when T3 is out it will be possible to automate them a bit easier. If not no one will really crack T2 unless T3 has a lock that steals whatever upgrade is in slot 0 and you need the exact thing it's looking for. Then T1/T2 will be needed to farm upgrades. Still T2 is a bit long if T3 gives 1T+ which it should if the pattern holds.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tolstojevski posted:

Can anybody who actually does this coding stuff give this thing a once over and tell me if I am doing anything worthy of the coding horrors thread? It is my t1 cracker.
http://pastebin.com/19uXH0Y1
Did not get on the discord yet, mostly in game while in office so I can't use voice comms. Should get to handling t2s during this week I think, will pop in when I do :) .

Discord is text. There's voice Chan's on it too but no one uses that, maybe for PvP timing it could be useful?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

So stuff has gotten interesting today, t2 seem to be sticking around even the highest ones these ones do not have a Glock making them really quick to crack. I made 1b in about 90 minutes tonight along with a ton of upgrades.

There also seems to be NPCs giving out of with memos about it being for OS upgrades and functions of some NPC corps like suborbital airfare money. No location is given so it's not obvious where you are supposed to go from there.

Or maybe it's a player trying to get you to do a puzzle and steal locs each encounter has had a different loc so far but who knows.

We have a Corp so the real fun is now going to start. If anyone took a break waiting for goons to solve stuff now is a great time to hop back in or to buy into the game I'd you have been waiting. It feels like the next content will be out soon.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I love this game, I've learned a good bit about actually putting ideas into code. I've never had a goal when I've tried to pickup anything beyond make a powershell script for a 1 time run.

Usenet Magic-User posted:

thanks, also i posted in the discord for auth if thats an active thing

Discord is active, the auth is described at the top it's done like you'd expect

type !authme <YourSAUsername>

I do like your attempt at using in game syntax going to assume the game just fried your brain.

Your name has usenet, think IRC

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Did we get dtr's loc?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If there is cool content you guys should be bumping the thread so people watching the thread can join in on the fun and help.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

TheresaJayne posted:

I am trying to at least get some money before approaching the rest of the goons, So i am just sat hacking npc's using a brute script i was given by a friend

now what i am trying to work out is can i script the whole list thing as well so i can put the list project command into the script and it will systematically clear our all abandoned accounts....

or even better if i can just run the script and it will iterate through all the fullsec npcs and clear them all with one command?

We have all these tools solved. Join up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

After about an hour of failing to get through Mallory's firewall I learned that a "stack" in programming terms means just that, and when she asked for the user that connected after "X" meant I have to give her the one directly above "X", not the one after.

So now I'm live. What's next?

You could also have checked the time stamps.

• Locked thread