Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Bhodi posted:

is there any overarching story once you hit the WAN or is it simply 'how much GC can you earn/hoard/scam'?

No story, but you can piece together what happened to the world and where all the people went. Plenty of systems to puzzle through and explore by hand too. I mean it's basically eve online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Is there a way to script a prompt rather than forcing player to define args?

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I noticed that the qrs for some orders have an extra bit of data like randomshortstring.longerstring. I haven't found a way this has been used yet. Also, soylentbean has a few odd things about it, like entering a project name directly into the first field rather than after a member lookup and password. And I found this highlighted in appropriate colors but haven't found how to use it yet... Bean:100

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I've been monitoring my activity log, and it looks like npcs are connecting to me a couple times a day. When I hardlined into the most recent one and compromised it, the exposed log showed it had alternated connecting between myself and my alt user a couple dozen times. The older entries in the exposed log showed only the username for my alt user, but the more recent ones showed the full loc for both users.

What is up with this? Is this an npc bank or something? I didn't think there was a way to easily link one user to another without directly trying to connect to a loc.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

pixaal posted:

They actually don't have any locks, they breached when you connected. You can see this if you expose their access logs afterwards. Do NOT share this NPC loc. The loc will actually change but if you look at their access log you will notice they are accessing just your accounts both of them. The name of the AI accessing you will change, but the log will carry over.

They are only T1 so you can't steal anything. If someone figures out more let me know, but right now my guess is they will go to T2 if you go to T3 and let you in on something else. That or it's part of the universe lore or just something to panic you into buying locks.

This showed only connections to my two users. It was definitely an npc loc. I breached them on connect, and it does change regularly. It was t1, and I couldn't run xfer scripts on it. I'm starting to think maybe this is how you get to a banking alt if you can breach a player's primary username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Argue posted:

What are the risks of hacking NPCs that are not fullsec? I'm guessing I'll show up in the access logs for the next person to breach it? Doesn't this mean that everyone's loc eventually gets out even if all they do is hack NPCs?

Not all npcs stick around once breached, but if they do and someone else exposes their log, you can get a player's loc from it. Then once the player account is breached you can look at the log to get an npc loc that probably contains a log with the banks loc in it.

• Locked thread