Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
This game looks interesting but I just saw the word "Javascript" and... ugh. Am I going to end up writing a gajillion nested callbacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I'm still in the tutorial, but is that a real db? Or is there a provided in-game one? Please don't tell me you can hook your scripts up to an external program.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I spent an unreasonably long time in the tutorial trying to decipher the meaning of the long string I got, not realizing that long string was already the final answer and I was just supposed to just message it to the tutorial character :doh:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I just escaped the tutorial. Explain something: why would I ever want to PvP hack? My understanding is that hacking another player gives away your loc in the access logs, so aren't you just screwing yourself over? And if I keep my money on my alt account, can't they find the loc of that anyway by breaching the PvP account and exposing the transaction logs?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

What are the risks of hacking NPCs that are not fullsec? I'm guessing I'll show up in the access logs for the next person to breach it? Doesn't this mean that everyone's loc eventually gets out even if all they do is hack NPCs?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

CountingWizard posted:

Not all npcs stick around once breached, but if they do and someone else exposes their log, you can get a player's loc from it. Then once the player account is breached you can look at the log to get an npc loc that probably contains a log with the banks loc in it.

I'm unclear about the logistics of this. So a breached NPC that sticks around will have the locs of players who accessed it in their logs. If that player is breached... it would have an NPC loc, you say? What NPC loc is that, and why would that NPC have my bank (I assume that's slang for my alt that never engages in hacking) loc?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Okay, I seem to have no idea how to PASS a scriptor to a CON_SPEC lock. So if I run name.conspecscript {s: "foo", d: 1}, it returns the correct value. But when I actually call npc.loc { CON_SPEC: #s.name.conspecscript }, it just gives me the "provide a scriptor" message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Did something get hacked outside of the few established rules?

• Locked thread