Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Bookmarked. Seems cool but I don't know if I have the chops for it.

So how do people defend themselves exactly. How do people hide or successfully repel attacks? I assume your poo poo is online no matter what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I wonder how the npc's are found so quickly. Are they not randomised or something.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Arsonide posted:

People aren't "finding" them, they are using scripts to find them. This is partially due to the hacking process being so static. It needs to be a bit more dynamic, in that a script could help but not do the entire thing for you. I think that is what tier 2 is, but getting to tier 2 is rough.

Which means a script does the searching and the finding which means some method exists to find these npcs, no?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

After loving about looking for a while figuring out how to split and rearrange text into arrays I find out that those npc lists are already arrays for starters. :downs:

Guess I'll hit mongodb next for funsies!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I found that some were arrays and some were strings separated by '\n' which is really loving annoying

Huh. Good to know. My pointless experimenting may not have been so pointless then, as it appears my solution is for strings, yet does not gently caress up an array(or more precisely it rebuilds it) if it already is an array.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

never

listen

to

The first thing everyone needs to do on a new user is chats.leave 0000. Seriously.

(Also what prompted you to announce this. Tell us :allears:)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

For that reason I am currently building a script with two sides - scanning and cracking. Once you find a juicy big list of npcs, you can almost literary copy paste the link in and it will store them all in a db. It tests the first one to see if it is still around and keeps going until it finds one that does. It then prints "myuser.scancrack{t:#s.npc.loc}" so I can just hardline and cp it in the command.

Each call with scancrack will both make it crack as well as flip through the db, testing to weed out the obviously looted ones and showing another string for easy copy/pasting once it is done.

You can crack an impressive amount in a single hardline this way!

One problem: I am a noob and this thing is a lumbering behemoth (for what it does) on the verge of death the whole time. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, now I've got a good reason to write scripts for myself to harvest and crack T1s rather than flub about with T2s and QRs on an unupgraded user.

(Yes I know there's plenty of scripts already public for T1 but loving lol if I trust any of them)

That's why you find t1 crackers on places like github and pastebin and just browse the code a bit - they'd have to SERIOUSLY obfuscate code to hide a malicious call in there. Also fullsec appears to truly be fullsec. That doesn't mean fullsec scripts can't gently caress you over, but it will happen through social engineering.

There is/was this player who set up a VERY convincing corporate page. So people would think they're hunting t1 locs but the locs in question were all malicious scripts. Devious.

Not to mention that there's stuff like init.sys(don't loving run this ever!)

e: on the t1 loc changes... man these are great. Partially invalidated my pretty babby script but w/e, it's still useful.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

And then there's the Gibson, apparently a nullsec npc by the dev that is very tough to get into and holds an impressive amount of GC. Since it's nullsec I don't trust it one bit who knows what that thing does if you fail. It could easily eat your upgrades or something.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

CountingWizard posted:

I've been monitoring my activity log, and it looks like npcs are connecting to me a couple times a day. When I hardlined into the most recent one and compromised it, the exposed log showed it had alternated connecting between myself and my alt user a couple dozen times. The older entries in the exposed log showed only the username for my alt user, but the more recent ones showed the full loc for both users.

What is up with this? Is this an npc bank or something? I didn't think there was a way to easily link one user to another without directly trying to connect to a loc.

Im probably wrong but just to exclude the possibility: you didn't stumble upon your own system.loc?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

40 million in two locs? Why yes thank you. Except now I'm t2 and have no quality locks to guard myself so I invested by getting one if the locks part of the super annoying lock combo. Bye 40 mill!

How do you assure your lock combos are loaded in the right order? Order of loading, order in your upgrade list?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Response times on the server seem to go down the drain at times. I thought the issue was with me but everything else is fine internet wise. Maybe the dev is live tinkering with the server.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

It doesn't require anything out of game to work but the time from user breach to getting your system.loc hacked is suspiciously low. I'd almost burn a few users just to see how fast his system is. Beyond a certain point would definitely hint at augmentation beyond what the game permits.

The dev should be able to notice this and I'm pretty sure external poo poo is bannable.

When it gets late on my end the server always becomes slower and now I'm wondering why.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ah yes that could be it. Maybe user load on top of it. Midnight for me is prime time usa.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Well they got that wealth for a good portion through the gibson and I doubt it will be the last of its kind. Next time maybe goons can be the first past it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Depends entirely on whether or not you want to learn how to script to a certain imo. While there are other things to do for sure, skipping scripting would skip a large part of it all

• Locked thread