Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomzilla

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hey do any a yall dig halt n catch fires

i dig it, maybe even recommend if you read that old blog about the guy on the original mac team talkin about jobs' reality distortion field

Yeah that show is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

MrWillsauce posted:

real talk though some person is a douche and game of thrones isn't very good

yeah, it's kinda just trashy spectacle, but people think they're watching something better because everyone has a british accent and you have to get an associates degree in fantasy world anthropology to get it all the way.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

mysterious frankie

still used to watch the crud out of it when I had cable.

----------------

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i find tv more interesting with the oower off than game of thrones on but thats just me :shobon:

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
not everything has to be deep layered intellectual drama tbh

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i like a lot of poo poo dumber than game of thrones but i never got into it and had a buncha spats with the only gal who ever loved me about it and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ill shut up now

mysterious frankie

Ahundredbux posted:

not everything has to be deep layered intellectual drama tbh

I spent last night watching everybody loves raymond reruns on netflix, in case you thought I was trying to make like I'm too hoity toity.

related, the guy who create everybody loves raymond, phil rosenthal, has a show about him traveling the world eating food and being everyone's goofy spiritual dad. it's called I'll Have What Phil's Having and I think it's still on Netflix. it's very relaxing .

----------------

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
nah i'm just justifying my own love of the show

I'm the worst though because I even get annoyed at differences from the books

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i dvr it and genuinely enjoy watching it despite its many obvious flaws but honestly the best part of the whole show is the people who post about it in the tviv who claim they hate it yet know virtually everything about it and spend 50% of their waking hours talking about it online

i can only assume they interact with their spouses and kids in the same way (i.e. "i loving hate you son" "honey you're a fat loving pig, i hate you, i really loving hate you")

mysterious frankie

Luvcow posted:

i can only assume they interact with their spouses and kids in the same way (i.e. "i loving hate you son" "honey you're a fat loving pig, i hate you, i really loving hate you")

lol. I had a friend in high school whose family were actually like that to each other and they seemed to get along pretty darn well.

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

mysterious frankie posted:

lol. I had a friend in high school whose family were actually like that to each other and they seemed to get along pretty darn well.

classic new england family

a good friend moved out to san diego after college and when he came back recently for a wedding and all of us were taking the piss out of each other he got this sublime look on his face and told us it felt good to be back home

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my fav tv shows are pete & pete and twin peaks.

i like silly fun sci-fi like star treks and farscape and the red dwarf.

i like important serious deadwoods and breakings bad, sopranos and wires, and the mad men.

i like blackadder, Rick & Morty, the x files, stranger things, bojack Horseman, scream queens, dr who (sometimes :/) and China il.

Recently my friend prodded me a lot into watching a child's show called Gravity Falls. i didn't really want to watch it, but she was right and it was good. now I was willing to listen to her next suggestion, another child's show called Adventure Time. this show is also very fun, it reminds me of how my life with my dog seems when i remember it in my head. It's nice how shows for children can be fun even for other people, like me :) i'm not saying i deserve to be catered to particularly or anything but its nice that maybe they had someone like me in mind.

byob historian

Gatekeeper posted:

i like important serious deadwoods and breakings bad, sopranos and wires, and the mad men.

i like blackadder, Rick & Morty, the x files, stranger things, bojack Horseman, scream queens, dr who (sometimes :/) and China il.

Recently my friend prodded me a lot into watching a child's show called Gravity Falls. i didn't really want to watch it, but she was right and it was good. now I was willing to listen to her next suggestion, another child's show called Adventure Time. this show is also very fun, it reminds me of how my life with my dog seems when i remember it in my head. It's nice how shows for children can be fun even for other people, like me :) i'm not saying i deserve to be catered to particularly or anything but its nice that maybe they had someone like me in mind.

ap&p is my jam
im still crushed season 3s dvd release got canned

also if you dig those cartoons you shd check out regular show

its way more byob, its based off a skit where a dude brings :lsd: brownies to work at a convenience store

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

ap&p is my jam
im still crushed season 3s dvd release got canned

also if you dig those cartoons you shd check out regular show

its way more byob, its based off a skit where a dude brings :lsd: brownies to work at a convenience store

ooh that ones got a blue Jay and like a beaver maybe as pals? And a guy with a gumball machine head I think? I remember watching that with a roommate after some :420: and it was hilarious. I have to remember to check it out again.

Hahaha yeah I'm remembering more now, there was this teenage frankenstein monster lookin mfer who kept doing "your mom" jokes but he'd say "my mom" instead and it was loving hilarious

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

Gatekeeper posted:

I am re-watching Farscape right now because Canadian Netflix has all 4 seasons, and it is way more campy and ridiculous than I remember and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Turns out, everyone in space is actually Australian.

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

Boomzilla

I just started the unbreakable kimmy schmidt and i like it a lot

femcastra

If you want him,
come and knit him!
My aunts do the thing where they mute the ads and sit in silence. They're staying with me for a couple of days and every time an ad is on they complain. It's pretty funny.

Right now we are enjoying watching storage wars together.

ninety

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I can't watch television because commercials Trigger me and breaking bad is the only show i've been compelled to download ever.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MrWillsauce

twin peaks is my poo poo imo

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

ninety posted:

I can't watch television because commercials Trigger me and breaking bad is the only show i've been compelled to download ever.

time to explore the world of subscription based video on demand television

ninety

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

oh i also downloaded twin paks bu ive only seen episode 1 bc frankly ui cant be arsed i ahve Depression.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gatekeeper

MrWillsauce posted:

twin peaks is my poo poo imo

twin peaks is extremely my poo poo.

byob historian

ninety posted:

oh i also downloaded twin paks bu ive only seen episode 1 bc frankly ui cant be arsed i ahve Depression.

tv never cured my depression so i dont guess youre missing much
but its good for a laugh when the world seems murderous and hateful and dead

saucyseadweller

So Damn Saucy
I anxiously await the next season of Venture Brothers, hopefully it will be longer than 8 episodes this time :<

City of Glompton

I'm watching Luke Cage and Shades looks Yara Greyjoy and I just wanted to share. I love celebrity look alikes.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

MrWillsauce

dudes, the wire

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

City of Glompton posted:

I'm watching Luke Cage and Shades looks Yara Greyjoy and I just wanted to share. I love celebrity look alikes.

shades is very cute

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Utopia(UK)

City of Glompton

Ahundredbux posted:

shades is very cute

:agreed:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

SIDS Vicious

i discovered the Eric Andre show by accident last night on my android box and have now already watched the first 2 seasons it's like probably the funniest thing I've ever seen I love it and wish I could hang out with Eric and Hannibal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco

do it
I like it too but I don't think I'd enjoy hanging out with Eric Andre sometimes when I get really surprised I pee in my pants just a little bit

• Locked thread