Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

Seriously how the hell did they pick President Trump back in 2000? What was he even doing then? Besides lovely steak at the sharper image

He was running for president. 2016 is far from the only time he's tried to get into the executive. He tried to be H W. Bush's VP, considered running in 1988 and 2012, and actually did run in 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

Harry Shearer is the credited writer for this episode. It's his first script for the show. Maybe he likes Kent.

The AV Club review speculated that letting him write a script was part of the arrangement for him not quitting.

Granted, we don't know how much of the original script was watered down by committee. It's not better or worse than many average episodes recently.

I thought it was good and pretty funny. It seemed more cohesive, and having an A, B, and C story made it feel like a fuller episode.

Overall, I think this season's start has been better than last season's.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone notice the animation was somewhat reminiscent of the looser rules of seasons 2-5 (or so)? It was a lot less stiff than the modern era in a lot of places. The direction was less rigid as well. That's actually the second time I've noticed the animation being less stiff this season, it seemed that way in The Town too. Could the Matt Selman effect on writing have an impact on the animation as well? Because it seems like his episodes have looked better on top of being funnier this year.

• Locked thread