Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Pretty sure if you vote for Kodos this year they count it for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The new episode just ended but it feels like it never started. Was there actually a story there?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Tonight's episode was pretty decent so I wasn't surprised to see Matt Selman's name show up as lead executive producer. I noticed the animation direction was a lot livelier than usual. Usually these HD era episodes feel really stiff and the characters never deviate from the model sheets.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Was that last segment (imaginary friend kills everyone) a parody of something specific?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The show was just renewed for 2 more seasons which will push it past Gunsmoke's record for most episodes of a scripted prime time tv series.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

This episode has been surprisingly great. I expect to see Matt Selman's name show up as lead executive producer.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

A foreign country trip that's also Grandpa focused? My expectations could not be lower.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

That episode could have been okay if they didn't feel like they needed to shoehorn the Simpsons into every plot involving a secondary character. They didn't even try to justify why the family was at the hospital or why Krusty would want to go to their house for Christmas. That wold have been time better spent reintroducing his daughter who was just sort of there after a 15 year absence.

Smashlampjaw posted:

So I havent watched the Simpsons in forever, pretty sure they just killed someone off just now...lolwut

Krusty's dad? They killed him off a couple years ago.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Yeah, I noticed as well. It had more of a classic feel to it. Krusty seemed especially expressive and the Maggie stuff was nicely done.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

This has trainwreck written all over it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

You would think someone might have gone back and watched Kamp Krusty for reference before they wrote a sequel to it, but no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I wish they would stop doing episodes involving a character narrating the story as a framing device if it has an unrelated side plot. I guess Bart thought his own story was a little thin.

e: okay, so they tied it together at the end.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 1, 2017

• Locked thread